• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 8/7/ Trent Williams

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
August 7, 2014
FedExField

Tackle Trent Williams

NOTE: The following aired during interviews conducted by Ken Harvey
on the Redskins Broadcast Network.

On the biggest difference from last season to this season:
“Of course, we’ve got a new regime – coaching staff – but our young guys are getting older every year, so, I mean, they’re maturing every year and we’re getting better.”

On his expectations for the offense:
“I’m expecting great things. I think everybody is. We’ve got all the weapons we need. I don’t see a weak spot on the offense. It’s just a matter of putting everything together and playing as a team.”

On how he maintains his level of play:
“I train hard. You know, I bust my butt in the offseason. I know what’s expected of me and that drives me every morning to wake up and go do what I do. So, I mean, for me to keep my game on top, it’s important that I bust my butt.”

Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan

On the difference in the level of play during the preseason, postseason and regular season:
“You know, preseason, regular season, postseason, we treat all games the same and you’ve got to get up for each game, so we wanted to set the tone for our season tonight and I think coming out and getting two three-and-outs, hopefully will build that momentum for the rest of the season.”

On if he will compete with linebacker Brian Orakpo to see who can compile the most sacks this season:
“Oh, no doubt. We’re both each other’s biggest fans, but at the same time we both want the sack. Before the first drive, I told him 'I’ll meet you at the quarterback,’ and he got there tonight. I didn’t, but next game hopefully we both get there.”

On if he is willing to predict his sack total for this season:
“Man… I don’t have a number, but just hopefully a lot that’ll help this defense do well.”

On if the defense has something to prove:
“Yeah, certainly. I mean, we certainly underachieved last year, especially with the talent that we had, so we have a lot to prove this year and we look forward to doing that.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.