• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins video flashback: Riggo & Co. destroy Dallas

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score
If you haven't seen it lately, this should bring a smile to your face. For those of you old enough to remember, it will rekindle some of your best memories as a Redskins fan.

Watch and enjoy.

Thanks I needed that! I do have to say that with the current state of the Washington Redskins, I am almost saddened watching this knowing we are so far away from being that good!

Funny thing is Riggins only averaged 3.9 yards a carry that day. But he earned every single one of them. :)

If you have the means, watch Mike Nelms in that game. He was a freaking monster. I think fair catches were against his religion.

Last edited:
Funny thing is Riggins only averaged 3.9 yards a carry that day. But he earned every single one of them. :)

If you have the means, watch Mike Nelms in that game. He was a freaking monster. I think fair catches were against his religion.

Did Nelms ever fair catch one? I think I saw him catch one toward the end of his career.

As for Riggo that day, in the History of the Redskins to that day the most important drive was Riggo's march down the field to end that game. In the previous decade we, as Redskins' fans, had watched 2 miraculous comebacks by the Girls so with little time on the clock Russ Grimm changed Gibbs' calls in the huddle to run the ball down the throat of the Girls, in particular Randy White, to put the game away!

Exactly the type of hard nosed football this team has lacked since the early 90's.

Did Nelms ever fair catch one? I think I saw him catch one toward the end of his career.

I had to look it up.

Randel El this year, so far, has 11 fair catches.

In 1991, the year we won the Superbowl, Brian Mitchell had 21 fair catches.

In his five-year career, Mike Nelms had a grand total of seven. Five of them were during his rookie year.

Last edited:
I had to look it up.

Randel El this year, so far, has 11 fair catches.

In 1991, the year we won the Superbowl, Brian Mitchell had 21 fair catches.

In his five-year career, Mike Nelms had a grand total of seven. Five of them were during his rookie year.

Thanks for doing the leg work I was too lazy to do.

Mike Nelms was a freak. It didn't matter how many people were around him, he'd field a ball unless it was going into the end zone. Amazing guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.