• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Confessional

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I've heard it hinted in these parts, but not sure anyone has quite come out and just said it.

I think I want the Redskins to lose out in 2009.

I know what you're thinking. I loathe me too. But I have to be honest, I don't think Snyder and Company are there yet. I don't think they've felt even remotely enough pressure to fix this train wreck. I want that pressure applied. I want sheer, utter, unmistakable embarrassment heaped upon their doorstep in Ashburn. I want the kind of epic failure that will leave them no choice but to clean house, reverse course, do 'the exact opposite' if you will.

I want to hear him say it.

'Hello. I'm Dan Snyder. I've driven a historic NFL franchise into the ground. I'm now prepared to do whatever it takes to fix it.'

Now, if you were to ask me, at 12:55pm tomorrow 'You really want us to lose this game against our most hated rival?'. I'd pause. I'd agonize. Inner turmoil and torment would set in. If we were to pull off an unexpected win tomorrow, I'd enjoy every sweet second of it. You know I would. But I also feel in my heart, for the first season in my 40 some years of fandom, that it would be better for the Redskins if they lose this game, and every other one this season.

I'm not talking about draft position here folks. I want pain, agony, gut-wrenching humiliation for our front office and owner. I want an organizational bitch-slap delivered to our franchise cheek in 15 degree bitter cold. I want the Redskins to wake the eff up, and finally start putting together a plan and a structure to win long-term.

I don't think they get it. Not yet. I think the Redskins still believe they're smarter than everyone else, that we just can't grasp the intricacies and cleverness of their current grand plan.

So I guess I'd have to say that in my heart, I hope we crush those arrogant, smug, undeserving pretenders in silver and blue tomorrow. But in my head, a loss (even a humiliating one) won't bother me for days as it usually would. Because i'll view it as the medicine we have to take before someone, anyone, will make it all better.

So there's my ugliness out there for all to see. The 'soft white underbelly' of Boone. I know it's not pretty. What I want to know is, am I the only one?

Last edited:
I want vinny cerrato fired......this team will not start down the correct path w/o a real GM. I hate to say it but 5-6 wins might be enough to keep him here even if Zorn, Campbell, Portis etc. are let go.

Plus, when this team wins....it makes you think thoughts that are probably wrong, but you think them anyway.

like- maybe Zorn is becoming a real head coach and if the Skins keep him here another year they be a great team. All we need is continuity.

Like- hey maybe Vinny has made a few good moves like bringing in Sherm Lewis, Levi Jones and Quinton Ganther. You forget all of the boneheaded moves like failing to address the O-line. Bringing in Mike Williams is the solution.

Like- oh Jason Campbell isn't that bad. Just look at his stats/QB rating.

No, I haven't thought of all of these, but I've heard other Redskin fans say this.......and I've heard other Skins fans think that this team is going the right way if they win just a few more games.

We're in denial, and sometimes only the gut wrenching losses will make people realize that this team really needs to have a year of two of rebuilding with solid leadership in both the FO and coaching if this team ever has a shot to return to the franchise we loved in the 70's and eighties/early 90's

I just can't wish that, even though it helps us in the draft........ well maybe, depending who's calling the shots in the war room next season

It's only my head talking the crazy stuff.

My heart will be cheering like hell tomorrow right alongside yours Mike :)

I'm there.

If this team looks good against some real competition down the stretch I worry that everyone will think the first half of the season was just poor circumstances.

My real worry now is that Bugle will somehow make something out of this line and the offense will start producing just enough to win another 3, 4 or 5 games. Winning them early, against the dregs of the NFL would have been fine as long as this team collapsed in the second half. Doing it the other way offers hope for next year.

Hope is the enemy of long term change and success with this organization. Hope must be avoided at all costs.

I loath the thought but I am so with you, Boone.

I liken it to having an upset stomach.

A nasty, nausea-causing upset stomach. You know that heaving everything up you've eaten for the past six hours will work-you know that fifteen minutes after the last spasm has relieved you of the last bit of bile you will feel better. Much better.

And yet, at every hint that the inevitable violent regurgitation just might not take place there is an almost instantaneous sense of "Whew, it's gone...maybe it won't come back"

But then it does, and each time it does the push/pull of wanting to and not wanting to go ahead and get it over with begins with renewed force-the same "I'll feel soooo much better afterward" and " Dear God don't make me throw up!" go at each other's throats again.....until....

Until it finally gets so nerve racking that you do the bulemic's finger-down-the-throat trick just to get the damned mess over with. And it happens. And it's absolutely horrible while it's happenning-"God just let me die!" horrible.

And then it's over, you're left gasping, catching your breath, beginning the face cleansing that inevitably follows-and then..

You feel better. Noticeably better.

I'll be tickled pink if the Skins beat Dallas-giggly, euphoric, chuckling to myself tickled pink.

Then I'll start thinking-damn, wonder if we can take out Philly and maybe the Giants and the Raiders-and, dear me, Dallas has to come to FedEx and a sweep would leave us...

8-8 maybe...just like last year.

Just like it's been for the last ten years, an average, hovering around .500, NFL football team.

Then I'll think about the 1991 Skins-my all time favorite Redskin team-they were relentless, all about winning games.

Will I ever see something like that again? Ever??

Probably not until I make myself stagger into the bathroom and stick my finger down my throat and say...

3-13 this year and 0-16 if necessary next year. Until the organization publicly admits it's inability to build a winning football team and turns every aspect of it over to those who know about such things.

And tomorrow, I'll be pulling hard for Rak and Carter to plant Romo's butt into the turf half-a-dozen times or more and for Hall to get two INTs and 9 or 10 different Skins to catch passes and Betts to have a 125+yard game and and three or four to score tds and Suisham to get to 14 for 14 on FGs and....well, you know the drill.

Is it simply that being a Skins fan means you have to be somewhat schizophrenic?

Not exactly with ya B but I do agree with your second to last paragraph.
s
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm there. In fact, they sucked so bad adn played so pathetically in one game early this season that when (I can't remember which team it was ) the other team was running for a TD, I found myself cheering and rooting for him to get in. That's how pissed I was at the sorry assed play of the Skins

I also agree that if we somehow eek out 4-5 wins, somewhere in dannys twisted little midget mind, it would justify vinny staying. That would be a disaster for the team

Granted, it felt good to win last week, but if the price of vinny going is to take some pain for the rest of the season, I think it's well worth the price

I've heard it hinted in these parts, but not sure anyone has quite come out and just said it.

I think I want the Redskins to lose out in 2009.

I know what you're thinking. I loathe me too. But I have to be honest, I don't think Snyder and Company are there yet. I don't think they've felt even remotely enough pressure to fix this train wreck. I want that pressure applied. I want sheer, utter, unmistakable embarrassment heaped upon their doorstep in Ashburn. I want the kind of epic failure that will leave them no choice but to clean house, reverse course, do 'the exact opposite' if you will.

Get outta my head Boone!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree with this sentiment more. In fact, I have a friend at work who's a big time Pokes' fan and with it being Dallas week, was wondering why I wasn't engaging in the usual Dallas week smack talk that we annually have.

I told him the truth: It's even hard to get up for Dallas week when you know going in just how big a mess our franchise is right now.

So when my friend starts yammering about, "it's not going to be a contest" the only thing I fired back at him was..."I hope you're right", which stopped him dead in his tracks with a suprised response of " Umm...what??".

I then echoed your thoughts Boone but only added: "I hope you guys win by double digits. I want the knife not only inserted but I want it twisted."

If that's what it takes to effect real change in the front office structure and actually makes Snyder admitt "I was wrong" so be it.

If other Skins fans think that makes me less of a fan, it's no Skin off my back. The way I look at it, I was a Skins fan before the internet was thought of and I don't need any validation of that.

If anything, these thoughts and feelings have been made possible by Snyder's stewardship of my beloved Skins and for that Mr. Snyder,I'll borrow a line from a Charlton Heston flick:

Damn you!! Damn you all to hell!!!!!

Marvin Lewis.
For all the world looked in over his head, horrible picks that busted, players out of control, the Bungles back in full force.
They stuck with it, and boom, here they are looking very much for real.
I guess two years just isn't long enough to turn things around.

If they continue to improve, and they finish strong, it may be a signal to stay the course.

~Bang

Marv Lewis took a perennial loser (seven straight losing seasons, 12 straight non-winning seasons, and 14 straight non-10-game-winning seasons) and went 8-8 his first year. Two years later he went 11-5 and won his division. With some past proven success perhaps he was given more leeway than another coach might have been given.

Outside of Joe Gibbs, I don't know who on the Redskins has earned any leeway whatsoever.

Last edited:
Interesting comparison Bang. I'm not sure it holds up since I suspect their 'resurgence' is a result of the return of a healthy franchise QB vs. any kind of organizational turn around. But assuming maybe its a lot more than that I'll say what I've said all along.
If Snyder had come out when he hired Zorn and said 'I believe this is the guy to lead our franchise and he will be here for the next 5 years - period', I'd have an entirely different attitude. It's the fact that he hired an absolute unknown, then in year 2 when it looks dicey, throws the guy to the wolves and is probably already lining up his successor that leads me to believe we are horribly, utterly clueless as an organization. I'm also pretty confident that the Bungles wouldn't be doing a thing this season if they'd ignored a core component of their team (like the O Line) for the past 5 years.

I'm less convinced that Zorn can get this thing straightened out than I am that he'll never get the chance to demonstrate it one way or the other.

I lied.

Kill them!!!!

...So there's my ugliness out there for all to see. The 'soft white underbelly' of Boone. I know it's not pretty. What I want to know is, am I the only one?

Off-topic. but does that mean that someday it will become the 'Blue Oyster Cult
' of Boone? Just curious...

Marvin Lewis.
For all the world looked in over his head, horrible picks that busted, players out of control, the Bungles back in full force.
They stuck with it, and boom, here they are looking very much for real.
I guess two years just isn't long enough to turn things around.

If they continue to improve, and they finish strong, it may be a signal to stay the course.

~Bang

Did Lewis have some of the other problems that Zorn has? No accountability, poor time management and playcalling, etc.? I can't remember.

Well, Boone, in light of this thread, I bet you couldn't have ask for a worse result. The performance was competitive, and seemingly one replaceable kicker away from being good enough. Like you said in another thread, it's hard not to be proud of the guys after that game, hardly embarrassed at any rate.

It's alright, though. We got gobs of embarrassing potential left of the schedule!

I wanted them to win yesterday as much as any other time. Something about Dallas. I want the Redskins to whip their arse every game.

Watching yesterday I began to develop a false sense of hope, knowing all the while something bad was going to happen and it did. Yet, kept hoping the offense would score at least one TD. If Romo hadn't gotten in the way of DeAngelo Hall we would be having a victory celebration today.

Now back to same old routine.

Did Lewis have some of the other problems that Zorn has? No accountability, poor time management and playcalling, etc.? I can't remember.

No accountability? Yes. Why do you think Marvin's Bengals took the Team Fellon title away from the Ravens. This team was lazy. Ochocinco is having fights with coaches during halftime and every other player was getting arrested.

Poor time management? I don't think so...not sure.

poor playcalling. Yes, but lewis if memory serves wasn't the playcaller on either side of the ball.....he had coordinators for that.

You also didn't mention poor front office- That is one thing that Zorn and Lewis have in common, while different the FO of the Bengals and the Redskins like to hinder their coaches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.