• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins-Cowboys poll: Predict the winner and margin

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score
The Redskins haven’t won two in a row this year, but they’re coming off their best game of the season and what qualifies for them as an offensive explosion. The Cowboys were riding high for a month on Tony Romo’s golden arm, but last Sunday in Green Bay the gold turned to dross and the Cowboys offense was humiliated by the Packers, scoring only a garbage-time touchdown before the end of the game.

Can the Redskins finally win two in a row and defeat their most hated rival in the process? Or was last week a mirage and this Sunday a return to brutal reality?

Vote now and tell us what you think!

I chose Redskins by 1-3 points. Why? Ladell betts. Redskins move the ball with him. If Portis does play, I reserve the right to change this to Dallas by 4-9

I also chose Redskins by 1-3. Its gonna be a close game either way, and I just like being optimistic about Dallass week. :D

I'm with you on this one, Penn. I voted the same way but with a different caveat. The hinge I'm looking at is the status of Big Al's ankle-if he can stay in the majority of the time Rak, Carter and the boys could make life miserable for Romo-if not...well...I'm not so sure then.

I'm actually considering putting money on Washington +11...but I'm going to wait until Saturday to see how much the spread moves and in which direction.

I'm actually considering putting money on Washington +11...but I'm going to wait until Saturday to see how much the spread moves and in which direction.

So the line is 11? Hmmmm....that's a big number in a rivalry game. Saying we haven't played great would be an understatement, but Dallas has been up and down this year too. We need to force Romo into trying to do too much.

The team with the most rushing yards at the end of the game will be the winner. Skins by a TD. Just because.

Redskins by 3.

I think the Packers exposed them a bit. We won't light up the scoreboard, but I don't think they do either. In an ugly game, they prove to be uglier.

Redskins 16
Cowboys 13

So the line is 11? Hmmmm....that's a big number in a rivalry game. Saying we haven't played great would be an understatement, but Dallas has been up and down this year too. We need to force Romo into trying to do too much.

The team with the most rushing yards at the end of the game will be the winner. Skins by a TD. Just because.

It was 11...not sure what it is now.

I think we keep it close most of the way, but succumb 24-17. I just have a feeling our O-Line returns to baseline this week.

24-10 Cowboys.

I am so terribly sorry. :(

Haha, I doubt you are correct, but I hope like hell you are! Being in that stadium with the Skins winning by 20+ would be a thing of BEAUTY.

Pleeeease take photos if this happens!!!!

Cowboys are 3-1 at home. Skins winless on the road. That alone makes this a tough matchup for us.

This is the first season ever, playing any kind of a pickem game, where I haven't picked the Redskins to win each and every week. I've had the homerism beaten out of me I guess :(

It's definitely not impossible for them to pull off a win. But they'll have to look a lot more like last week and nothing like they looked weeks prior to that to have a chance. That, and you never know whether Jeckyll or Hyde is going to show up when it comes to the Cowboys.

I picked the Skins 1-3 just because it's what I WANT to happen.

oh its gonna be tough no question about it but i couldnt pick the bums if there was a gun to my head.

Mike, I have accused you of homerism before, but this is one sentiment I will always share with you no matter what our team looks like!!!

I cannot ever pick the Cowterds over the Redskins no matter how bad we are or what the consequences of said pick would be!

I hate the terds with every ounce of my being!

I think I may need some help! Haha!

5 Big Redskin Wins in Big “D”

Since the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry began in 1960 the Redskins have travelled to the lone star state 47 times. Of those 47 games the Redskins have only won 13. Cowboys hold a home series edge of 32-12-2. Here are some of the big wins down in Dallas.

December 11, 1983
This was a revenge game for the Redskins. In week one of the season the Redskins had a commanding 23-3 half-time lead at RFK. The Cowboys would comeback and win 31-30. In the second match up in Dallas the Redskins all decided to wear army fatigues to the stadium as they were ready for battle. That game also saw a couple of Cowboy defenders attempt to break up a fun bunch celebration in the back of the end zone after a TD by Art Monk. Redskins WIN 31 -10! The Redskins would go on to win the NFC East that year.

October 19, 1987
This game in 1987 was the game the replacement players played

Click on the link for the full article

Cowboys are 3-1 at home. Skins winless on the road. That alone makes this a tough matchup for us.

Yeah, but this is Cowboys/Redskins - you can throw all those meaningless stats out the window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.