• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Severe/Interesting/Unique Weather Thread

It is summer here in Australia, and yesterday (Sunday) was a scorcher! It was OK in the morning and around lunchtime, but as the afternoon went on, the temp went up. I don't know what it peaked at (it was apparently 45C, or 113F), but a power outage at about 7pm that lasted over 3 hours may it very uncomfortable as it was still 32C at midnight. For those who don't want to do the math, 32C is equal to 90F, in your language. It may not sound a lot but with no aircon, we got no sleep. Even the dogs struggled!

Aussie Weather.jpg

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE in the DC Area :

After several un-substantiated reports of extreme weather so severe, that it could have catastrophic consequences, DC area meteorologists have just confirmed that the sky is indeed NOT falling.

Just your typical March weather here in NC ...
c4173183d47f9b99c4b518cbc49cc9e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours inland

Guessing @Fear The Spear is without power, but hope he's okay. Wilmington is taking a beating.

Yes they are.

Been lucky here in Chapel Hill. Just the last few hours where we've gotten consistent rain.

My area started off under a possible evacuation, storm surge warnings, etc.

The wind never picked up, it hasn't even rained.

Weather guessers! But we can control climate change!

Pays to be safe, but there is a huge element of sensationalism among weather channels/reporting to grab share.

Hoping everyone made it through the storm with none to minimal damage. Have an aunt & uncle who live in Southport N.C. and they had a little bit of water damage. Her neighborhood pulled together and have helped those in need of repairs.

No word from him whatsoever - worrisome...

Didn't he say he doesn't have a smart phone? That could play a part in his absence. Nevertheless still worrisome.

Will be nice to finally hear from him.

Hopefully he's just too busy to check in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.