• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Severe/Interesting/Unique Weather Thread

To go where? Lol I have business interests here and I've been here 30 years and seen it all.

I'm sure you've been through your share of hurricanes and survived well, but I can say with certainty, none of those storms you've experienced come even close to this one. Especially when you're looking at a direct hit. This one ain't no joke. Everything in it's path will be wiped out, either flattened or flooded. A buzzsaw like no other. It's not worth risking your life.

Hurricane Andrew would beg to differ.

If I lived in a trailer or a house built out of matchbooks I would evacuate. If I live on the beach or in a storm surge or flood zone area I would evacuate. I don't.

My house has the highest hurricane mitigation rating that exists. We may lose power and be highly inconvenienced for a period but I'm not going to die.

Bullshit. It's only bigger.

Last edited:
IMG_0088.JPG

Stay safe southerners!

Yeah, you're in the way now. Good luck!

It's more than just bigger.
It's already exceeded Andrew's peak intensity.

I'm really tired of this. Andrew when it made landfall in Florida it had sustained winds of 165 mph with a barometric pressure of 922mb. Irma is currently at 160 and 924 mb. So you are just wrong. I will take my 30 years experience and my interest in meteorology and sleep just fine tonight.

I am am no longer going to entertain this back and forth.

Go Skins!

If this storm causes my directv to go out and I miss the game tomorrow I'm gonna be pissed

Praying all of you will be safe.

Isabel was a base Cat 1 when hit here. Can't imagine a major storm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.