• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

UVa On Verge of CWS Championship...

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I'm no baseball fan - not that i didn't play the game as a kid - but sitting down to watch a baseball game has always struck me as some sort of self-imposed punishment. Let me put it this way...the last pro baseball game I attended was a Washington Senators game :) But i tuned in to the College World Series this year since my Cavaliers were one of the best teams in the NCAA this year. I've watched every one of their series games, including a 16 inning epic that lasted until 1 a.m. in the morning before the Hoos finally won it. Tonight is the final game to determine the championship. Game 1 was a nightmare. The Cavaliers were shelled, giving up 9 runs in a single inning before they finally pulled a struggling pitcher. Last night, they imposed their will on Vanderbilt and won convincingly. It all comes down to tonight.

Sometimes I feel like all it takes for a given team to go from promising to spiraling downward to failure is my tuning in and rooting for them. Hoping tonight, despite my participation, that my Wahoos bring home a championship.

Go Hoos!

You are one of the most dedicated fans of your alma mater I have ever met. It even makes me semi root for UVA...when they aren't playing MD of course!

Go Hoos!!

It's never easy for a VT guy to root for UVA, but this Hoos squad is damn likable. No quit in 'em, and as much as one can tell via the boob tube a generally good bunch of guys.

And not an ascot to be seen. :psych:

Game 3 tonight--I'm there.

Go Hoos.

I'm sure every player, coach, student, and alum would like to have that third inning of game one replayed. Five walks, a hit batter, three or four errors and nine runs on just two hits. Take that away and the last two games favor UVA by a 15-2 margin with twenty-eight hits and one complete game for a starting pitcher (last night).

Tonight is it for my Hoos. We've been number one for most of the season, but it means nothing now. Hopefully, it will be cemented on a trophy by later tonight.

Thanks to all for the support. As a return of this favor/support - good luck to the Hokies in 2014-15 and best wishes to Maryland in their new conference.

It still hurts after a few days, but it was a great season. Look forward to many more with Coach O'Connor and this program.

The Learfield Director's Cup standings (for all sports) are in and Virginia had a great season overall. Hear are the final results - Virginia is in good company here and if the baseball team had one more victory in them last Wednesday night, the placement would've been in the third place slot.

1 Stanford
2 Florida
3 Notre Dame
4 Virginia
5 Penn State
6 Texas
7 UCLA
8 USC
9 Duke
10 Texas A&M
11 Kentucky
12 Florida State
13 Michigan
14 UNC
15 Oregon
16 Georgia
17 Alabama
18 Wisconsin
19 Oklahoma
20 California

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.