• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Camp Competition will be the most intriguing ?

Which camp competition will be the most intriguing ?

• Guard (Left and/or Right Guard)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • RT

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Backup WR

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Backup TE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Backup RB

• Kicker

• Backup CB

• Safety

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Inside LB

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • DT/NT

• DE

• Other

• Total voters

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Which position or backup position, will be the most intriguing and most competitive in camp ?
Don't pick an option for being the most important need - for example the RT competition, simply because you believe that's our most glaring need. Rather - vote for the one that will bring out the closest, and most heated, most competitive talent in each competitor.

Last edited:
On my phone I can't vote but I think Moss making or not making the squad is going to be a fight til the end. He knows he's on his last leg, he wants it, so these lower tier guys will have to take it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a fight or two.

safety!

big area of need. lot of people in the running. thomas back, jackson back, clark signed. no obvious solutions - added intrigue when the HC states his CBs might play safety as well.

I'm going with fansince62 on Safety as far as 'most intriguing and most competitive' per the OP's requirement. It's in the realm of chance that none of the guys who actually played the position for the team in 2013 will make the final cut in 2014. Two are already gone this year (Reed, Gumbs). None of the other three back there has a free ride coming to them; Meriweather, Rambo and yet another Robinson (Trenton) from last year. Doesn't include Thomas; he was out before the season started. Saying Meriweather was the best outta that group pretty much the same as saying Tyler was their best RT. Robinson was added half way through the season after the Gumbs/Rambo experiment didn't go well.

They got eight; four are new; one didn't play last year that are on the 90 man roster right now and all eight guys know they got a shot for what four spots? Doesn't include Breeland who I expect to be looked at for the position. Outta all the CB/DBs he has the best size for the position (5-11/197#), which is the same as Meriweather.

I chose guard but there should have been an option for O-line. There are 2-3 jobs up for grabs on a unit rightfully considered as a whole. There isn't any bigger storyline than that this year.

Safety? Pffrt! Barring injury our starters will be Clark & Meriweather and take that to the bank. If we are fortunate, Thomas and Jackson will see early playing time in dime and sub-packages. If we are truely fortunate maybe Thomas wins a starting role by the end of the year but the only real competition at safety will be for who's first up when either Clark or Meriweather go down.

I thought Merriweather was a cb.
I chose guard but there should have been an option for O-line. There are 2-3 jobs up for grabs on a unit rightfully considered as a whole. There isn't any bigger storyline than that this year.

Safety? Pffrt! Barring injury our starters will be Clark & Meriweather and take that to the bank. If we are fortunate, Thomas and Jackson will see early playing time in dime and sub-packages. If we are truely fortunate maybe Thomas wins a starting role by the end of the year but the only real competition at safety will be for who's first up when either Clark or Meriweather go down.

Meriweather is a Free Safety...as is Clark. Lot of reasons why you would not box up either of these two in the Strong Safety slot. Might be on the field at times together at times but not really your 2 starters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.