• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Name Alex Santos Director Player Personnel

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
May 31, 2014

REDSKINS NAME ALEX SANTOS DIRECTOR OF PRO PERSONNEL

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have named Alex Santos as Director of Pro Personnel.

Santos has been a member of the Redskins personnel department since 2006 and has spent the last six seasons as a pro scout. As a pro scout for the team he was responsible for assisting with the club’s evaluation of personnel in the NFL and the Canadian Football League in addition to the advanced scouting of Redskins opponents.

“I appreciate the opportunity this organization has given me,” Santos said. “I am honored that I am able to continue to grow within the NFL ranks with the Redskins organization.”

Santos originally joined the Redskins in 2006 as a pro personnel assistant. He spent 2005 as a graduate assistant and quality control intern coach at Vanderbilt. Prior to that, he was the assistant head football coach at Eastside High School in Paterson, N.J.

A four-year starter at guard for North Carolina State University, Santos graduated in 2000 with a bachelor’s degree in Spanish Literature. He also earned a master’s degree in Special Education from New Jersey City State University.

So they promoted Alex Santos to replace Morocco Brown. So who's being hired to fill in Santos' old spot?

Bret Munsey could probably walk right over if they felt they really needed a guy right now - he has the same background as far as scouting goes. Don't know that Jay would want his new assistant/old buddy getting pulled off for too awfully long. Probably just hire somebody new and adjust the ranks accordingly.

Snyder has gone from being Al Davis Jr - hiring undermining and subsequently firing his minions, to become Paul Brown Jr's Jr - hiring and promoting in house failures. Sigh....

Snyder has gone from being Al Davis Jr - hiring undermining and subsequently firing his minions, to become Paul Brown Jr's Jr - hiring and promoting in house failures. Sigh....

Reminiscent of the Caps firing McPhee, and then hiring his supposedly lazy underling.

Part of me thinks really good executives don't want to come here, which may or may not be the case with the Caps also. Morocco has been trying to leave for awhile now, and took a job with CLEVELAND to get out. That speaks volumes, IMO.

If you're a talented football guy, why would you come to a spot where the owner is going to be all up in your job?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I must have missed something. When did exactly Santos become a lazy failure?

I must have missed something. When did exactly Santos become a lazy failure?

I called McPhee's replacement a lazy failure. Riggo just called him an in house failure, not lazy.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Oh. Tough room.

Ugh! When I first read this I thought it was another thread about the Redskins' name... :laugh:

Reminiscent of the Caps firing McPhee, and then hiring his supposedly lazy underling.

In all fairness, that tweet was made by someone who was fired from the Caps organization ten years ago. Guess who took his place: Brian MacLellan. The kid had some sour grapes to squeeze... ;)

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.