• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Misogyny and the Isla Vista shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanky Livingston

Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I think it could be a good discussion. There's a lot of backlash about the misogyny in Hollywood and it's link to the Elliott Rodger's disturbing manifesto. Obviously the kid had a couple screws loose, but his misguided view of what women "did" to him had a lot to do with his actions.

Anyway, here's a couple pieces I found very interesting reads. If this isn't appropriate for BGO, feel free to shut this down.

Seth Rogen Is Not A Victim Of The Santa Barbara Killings | ThinkProgress

Here's a piece from self-proclaimed nerd and jeopardy pioneer Arthur Chu:

Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds - The Daily Beast

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have a low confidence level in folks ability to discuss calmly and rationally. Sorry.

As a general rule, if you guys start a thread 'I'm not sure if this is appropriate...' We're probably going to shut it down.

We hate it, but we're not going back to the former environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.