• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Draft Pick Morgan Moses

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
May 29, 2014

REDSKINS SIGN DRAFT PICK MORGAN MOSES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2014 third-round draft pick tackle Morgan Moses (66th overall). Terms of the deal were not disclosed. With the signing, the Redskins now have all eight members of their 2014 draft class under contract.

Moses (6-6, 318) started 42 of the 48 career games in which he played at Virginia, starting 30 games at right tackle and 12 at left. During his senior season, behind Moses, the Cavaliers produced their first 1,000-yard rusher since 2004. In 2013, Moses started all 12 games at left tackle for Virginia, earning All-ACC second team honors from the conference’s coaches.
Moses, 23, was born on March 3, 1991. He attended Meadowbrook H.S. in Chesterfield County, Va., where he was ranked as the nation’s No. 3 run blocker by Rivals.com.

Any bets on whether or not he got any of the salary guarantee he was looking for? My money is on he did not.

It's the latter part of May and all of the draft picks are signed. This is one part of the CBA that is a true positive.

I love that there is no real variance in the salaries and you can't make more than xxx.

I mean..Sam Bradford. Good gosh!

I love that there is no real variance in the salaries and you can't make more than xxx.

I mean..Sam Bradford. Good gosh!

I just remember all the people that wished we could have drafted Bradford or Sanchez back then...

I just remember all the people that wished we could have drafted Bradford or Sanchez back then...

There are still Redskins fans who say Ramsey was a good quarterback who got shell shocked in Spurrier's offense. Bradford is ten times the QB Ramsey ever was, and went through the same beatings Ramsey did in his first few years (and still might be, actually).

Ramsey was never going to be much more than a backup, but with the right OL and weapons, Bradford could actually be very good. :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Joe Gibbs watched Patrick Ramsey closely in 2005 and it took him less than a month (IMHO) to know Ramsey could not be 'the guy'. Great kid, average QB. When Ramsey took a hard shot against the Bears in the opener, Gibbs saw his opportunity to plug in the far superior QB in Brunell. He did what he had to do and never looked back. I was on the sidelines covering that one and I knew barring injury that Gibbs wouldn't give Ramsey another chance.

Moses numbers; per Spotrac: Morgan Moses Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & News Profile

4 years/$3,090,849 - includes $697,576 signing bonus - nothing guaranteed but the signing bonus.
Didn't think he'd get quite this much as a bonus but probably a little trade for no part of the salary being guaranteed also.

First year cap number 594,394. He bumps Long from 51 to 52, taking his cap number (573,604) off.
Cap hit is 594,394 - 573,604 = 20,790.

YearBaseBonus
Total2,393,273697,576
$3,090,849

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.