• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad

Moss is a 100% lock.

Not sure why anyone thought otherwise. We're taking at least six receivers.

From a conversation I just had with John Keim:

John Keim‏@john_keim·47 mins
@McD5fl every week I do a roster projection. Every week he's on there... Gruden really likes him. Also: if taking top six, big gap

Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Grant, Moss and Robinson are safe.

Now unless one of the other guys scores 2 80-yard tds this weekend, that's probably the lineup.

Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Grant, Moss and Robinson are safe.

Now unless one of the other guys scores 2 80-yard tds this weekend, that's probably the lineup.

Ross AND Willams on the PS you think?

Ross yes. Unless we take 7.

Williams? Maybe PS, maybe just released.

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

We continue our look at the possible fifty-three man roster and practice squad. Two preseason games are in the books and it seems like we are no closer to knowing who could be on the bubble and who could released. This blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let’s get this latest roster prediction in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Lache Seastrunk
Roy Helu
Silas Redd
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Tyler Polumbus
Tom Compton

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Chris Chester
Adam Gettis

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Aldrick Robinson

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Clifton Geathers

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Stephen Bowen
Free Agent

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Will Compton
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Richard Crawford

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Brandon Meriweather
Phillip Thomas
Trent Robinson

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Robert Malone

Practice Squad:
Robert Thomas
Chris Thompson
Tevita Stevens
Akeem Davis
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Stephen Campbell
Nick Williams
Jeremy Kimbrough
Cody Hoffman

PUP/IR:
Leonard Hankerson
Jerry Rice, Jr.
Courtney Bridget, Jr.

BB, are you expecting us to outright release Royster in favor of BOTH Redd and Seastrunk?

That's possible. I think it is also possible that he could be traded. The Steelers may have a need at RB very soon.

I love the optimism. I really do. But, I do find it a bit funny when we frequently think that teams will trade for players that can't/won't make our roster.

(This is just a random thought, not directed directly at BB. (it's just that his post brought the thought to mind again) I've seen these trade hopes/dreams mentioned here several times related to the RB & WR positions.

I love the optimism. I really do. But, I do find it a bit funny when we frequently think that teams will trade for players that can't/won't make our roster.

(This is just a random thought, not directed directly at BB. (it's just that his post brought the thought to mind again) I've seen these trade hopes/dreams mentioned here several times related to the RB & WR positions.

It has happened to other teams in the past when a desperate situation arises and they don't want to have to fight the waiver list. And I think the Steelers have that desperation to make it a chance....Just depends if he's worth more than the ones they can get off the street.

And that's what I refer to as "fantasy" football, in its truest and most literal form

Honestly I could see us getting an offer for Helu before we get an offer for Royster... If we could turn Helu into a 2nd or 3rd rounder (not saying i think it will happen, strictly a hypothetical) I would feel like we HAVE to take that offer.

Honestly I could see us getting an offer for Helu before we get an offer for Royster... If we could turn Helu into a 2nd or 3rd rounder (not saying i think it will happen, strictly a hypothetical) I would feel like we HAVE to take that offer.
I would take a 4th rounder for Helu
or Royster if the rookies step it up in the next two weeks...injuries change the order obviously.

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

We continue our look at the possible fifty-three man roster, practice squad, PUP list, and suspended designation(s). Three preseason games are in the books and we are another step closer to the regular season. This blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad/PUP list is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let’s get this latest prognostication in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Evan Royster
Roy Helu
Silas Redd
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Tyler Polumbus
Tom Compton

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Chris Chester
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Aldrick Robinson
Santana Moss

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Chris Neild

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Clifton Geathers

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Will Compton
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Richard Crawford

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Akeem Davis
Bacarri Rambo
Trent Robinson

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Robert Malone

Practice Squad:
Robert Thomas
Chris Thompson
Tevita Stevens
Chase Minnifield
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Stephen Campbell
Nick Williams
Lache Seastrunk
Cody Hoffman

PUP/IR:
Leonard Hankerson
Stephen Bowen
Jerry Rice, Jr.
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Mike Caussin
Phillip Thomas

Suspended:
Brandon Meriweather (Two Games)
Tanard Jackson (Indefinite)

I think the Rob Jackson cut opened up a roster spot for a sleeper to push their way in somewhere, and that another 'big' name cut is coming in the next week. I have to really start to wonder if Meriweather makes it on this roster. We may be thin there, but this is getting ridiculous. If he's not healthy, he's getting himself suspended.

I went back and forth with that earlier today. For now, I have Meriweather off the roster and only on the suspended list. I am leaning toward the team releasing him and picking up a veteran. Final roster projection coming Friday morning.

I went back and forth with that earlier today. For now, I have Meriweather off the roster and only on the suspended list. I am leaning toward the team releasing him and picking up a veteran. Final roster projection coming Friday morning.

Reed Doughty perhaps? He already knows the playbook :)

Sharpton has practiced very little since the high ankle sprain. It's one of those injuries that can take some time to come back from. They can probably work around him in the short term. Not saying it's a deal breaker, maybe IR/Designated return?

If Porter was a rookie people would be saying cut him. But he'll probably stay because of lack of choices.

Nice list, BB.

Sharpton has practiced very little since the high ankle sprain. It's one of those injuries that can take some time to come back from. They can probably work around him in the short term. Not saying it's a deal breaker, maybe IR/Designated return?

If Porter was a rookie people would be saying cut him. But he'll probably stay because of lack of choices.

Nice list, BB.

IMHO I dont think a backup LB special teamer is worth your only IR/DR for a season.. i'd much rather hold that spot for someone who can make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.