• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad

Looks like Keith Price got released. He'd be a nice fit on the PS.

Back up running back will be a battle. I hope Grudes doesn't try to get cute and cut back on the Butler's carries...Don't be surprised to see thinks shaking up in the secondary as well. I wonder if that WR Grant will work out. Isn't he supposed to have superglue hands?

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

We continue to take a look at the possible fifty-three man roster and practice squad. Training camp is just a few weeks away and this blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional. Also, this will be the final update until training camp rolls around – the admin of BBQ needs a break, but will provide updates and new blog, only if needed.

Let’s get this latest roster prediction in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Lache Seastrunk
Roy Helu
Silas Redd
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Mike McGlynn
Tyler Polumbus

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Aldrick Robinson
Cody Hoffman

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Clifton Geathers

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Doug Worthington
Free Agent

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Rob Jackson
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Chase Minnifield

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Brandon Meriweather
Phillip Thomas
Bacarri Rambo

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Robert Malone

Practice Squad:
Robert Thomas
Akeem Davis
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Nick Williams
Jeremy Kimbrough
Will Compton

Nice update BB.

Don't know if they'll carry 5 RB's this year or not. They did last year but that included Thompson who was special teams only. On the other hand, Jay may be looking at a lot more shared time in the backfield so 5 may be the right number. A 6th DB/CB might be substituted in place of that other RB especially if it is a guy who produces well on ST. Maybe Akeem Davis or Trent Robinson slides into the roster.

Nice link Fear.

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

We resume our look at the possible fifty-three man roster and practice squad. Training camp is in progress at Bon Secours and this blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let’s get this latest roster prediction in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Lache Seastrunk
Roy Helu
Silas Redd
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Tyler Polumbus
Tom Compton

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Chris Chester
Adam Gettis

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Aldrick Robinson

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Clifton Geathers

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Doug Worthington
Free Agent

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Will Compton
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Richard Crawford

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Brandon Meriweather
Phillip Thomas
Bacarri Rambo

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Robert Malone

Practice Squad:
Robert Thomas
Akeem Davis
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Nick Williams
Jeremy Kimbrough
Cody Hoffman

Very good effort, BB. This might be spot on.

I do think there might be one exception. It's been mentioned that Gruden likely wants 6, and maybe even 7 receivers.

But I'll bet the final roster appears pretty close to what you have here.

My gut tells me Redd ends up on the PS and Moss is still here. From what I've heard, Moss has been impressing with his leadership and work ethic. I can see us going into the season with 6 since Roberts is going to be the KR/PR.

I wouldn't think so, because we are so stacked at RB, we could probably use those PS spots for other positions

Yeah we've got depth... edited cuz im a dope.

Redd looked good though. I bet you he makes it to the final cut down day, just in case one of the other guys gets nicked up during the preseason.

Last edited:
One thing I'm seeing, that actually feels like good news, is that as the roster is cut down to the final 53, some of these cuts are going to be more difficult and controversial and actually painful than in a lot of the Redskins recent past because the talent level is deeper-particularly at the skill positions than I've seen here in a while. It'll hurt, cause consternation and arguments when some of these guys get their walking papers but it's nice to know that for the most part it won't necessarily be because they're crappy football players but because even though they might be pretty good we have better ones in hand.

One thing I'm seeing, that actually feels like good news, is that as the roster is cut down to the final 53, some of these cuts are going to be more difficult and controversial and actually painful than in a lot of the Redskins recent past because the talent level is deeper-particularly at the skill positions than I've seen here in a while. It'll hurt, cause consternation and arguments when some of these guys get their walking papers but it's nice to know that for the most part it won't necessarily be because they're crappy football players but because even though they might be pretty good we have better ones in hand.

I had this exact same thought this morning. We've got talent beyond 53 positions - especially on offense. As you say, not being able to keep some of that talent will hurt but it's a sign good things are coming.

Redd ain't making the team, and there is no way Seastrunk supplants Helu on the depth chart.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Redd ain't making the team, and there is no way Seastrunk supplants Helu on the depth chart.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I could see Seastrunk seeing more snaps though if he shines. You slide Helu into primarily a backup and use Seastrunk consistently as a 3rd down back... Helu just didn't take that role on so a guy like Seastrunk or Redd might be a lot more like Bernard up in Cinci was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.