• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
It may seem a bit early to predict a fifty-three man roster and practice squad, but this particular blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let

More...

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

It may seem a bit early to predict a fifty-three man roster and practice squad, but this particular blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let’s get the first roster prediction in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Lache Seastrunk
Roy Helu
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Mike McGlynn
Tom Compton

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Maurice Hurt
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Leonard Hankerson
Cody Hoffman

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Clifton Geathers

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Robert Thomas
Free Agent

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Rob Jackson
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Chase Minnifield

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Brandon Meriweather
Tanard Jackson
Phillip Thomas

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Free Agent

Practice Squad:
Silas Redd
Akeem Davis
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Nick Williams
Jeremy Kimbrough
Will Compton

Like the list but...

Skins will only keep 3 OTs. And so I would actually post McGlynn as OL. Maybe a bit picky, but then I would also kick Josh off the island.

I believe Forbath will outshine Hocker and retain his job.

Is Nick Williams eligible for the PS? I thought he was up on the 53 quite a bit last year, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Wow, Hoffman supplants Moss AND Robinson and Hank earns a spot...

I also wonder about Niles Paul being here in favor of Bolser?

I know it's all speculation at this point

Bolser doesn't have good hands and evidently is a poor blocker despite being 6'5 and 260.

To me he looks like the Juwan Jamison type annual pick in the late rounds where you scratch your head as to why he was selected.

I agree on the WRs. There is going to be change here and that goes for the depth players as well as the introduction of Jackson and Roberts.

On the OL, I don't think Compton will make it. I see the team signing a veteran swing tackle just in case while Moses develops.

Royster and Thompson are vulnerable. One has no speed and the other is too fragile for extended duty.

On the DL Thomas at 6'1 and 327 is a nose tackle, I don't see him making the roster as a 3-4 DE.

At corner I agree on Biggers but don't think Minnifield will make it.

He doesn't play special teams and now the team has added a draft choice this staff likes in Breeland to groom for a nickel role. If Porter shows up to camp healthy, Minnifield is out of luck.

Chris Chester and Rob Jackson could be casualties if younger players drafted at those spots come on early.

Cutting Chester would give us the cap room to sign at least one veteran that gets released at a position of need.

I still think pound for pound we get less out of Chester than any of the other OL.

Crawford missed the entire season and comes back as a guy that was the fourth/fifth corner on defense as a seventh round pick.

Perhaps he can still help returning punts but with Amerson, Breeland and Porter now on the team I don't see a clear place for him on the depth chart in the backfield.

It looks stronger both the area of starters and depth.

So a big thumbs up from me

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

Let’s get the second roster prediction in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Lache Seastrunk
Roy Helu
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Mike McGlynn
Tyler Polumbus

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Maurice Hurt
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Santana Moss
Cody Hoffman

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Clifton Geathers

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Robert Thomas
Free Agent

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Rob Jackson
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Chase Minnifield

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Brandon Meriweather
Tanard Jackson
Phillip Thomas

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Free Agent

Practice Squad:
Silas Redd
Akeem Davis
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Nick Williams
Jeremy Kimbrough
Will Compton

That's a good question, especially in a 3-4 where the DE is a LB and a DL is different.

Taking into consideration the special teams needs.

And Jackson is more of a Joker type. See's a lot of his snaps on the line vs what a most LBs do. I don't think 8 is unreasonable especially if they are planning on a lot of blitz packages. Really can't have too much quality depth there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.