• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

We have come to our final projection for the roster of fifty-three, practice squad, PUP list, and suspended designation(s). The preseason games are in the books and the regular season is upon us. Feel free to add your final choices and please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let’s get this final prognostication in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Evan Royster
Roy Helu
Silas Redd
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Tyler Polumbus
Tom Compton

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Chris Chester
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Aldrick Robinson
Santana Moss

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Robert Thomas

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Clifton Geathers

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Will Compton
Gabe Miller

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
E.J. Biggers

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Akeem Davis
Bacarri Rambo
Trent Robinson

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Kai Forbath
Tress Way

Practice Squad:
Chris Thompson
Tevita Stevens
Chase Minnifield
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Stephen Campbell
Nick Williams
Lache Seastrunk
Cody Hoffman
Lee Doss

PUP/IR:
Leonard Hankerson
Stephen Bowen
Jerry Rice, Jr.
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Mike Caussin
Phillip Thomas
Chris Neild
Akeem Jordan

Suspended:
Brandon Meriweather (Two Games)
Tanard Jackson (Indefinite)

Great work BB.

I tend to agree with only one possible exception. I'm not so sure that Royster makes it over Seastrunk.

If I were the HC, I'd keep Redd and Seastrunk, and cut Royster.

I'd also listen to offers for Alfred Morris--although I know I am more aggressive than most.

Keim must be reading my mind.

"Have thought Evan Royster was productive this summer. But enough so? Dunno. Lack of speed an issue. Can then keep redd/
Seastrunk."

Thanks for the efforts BB.

I think Royster is on the outside looking in on this one. Lache Seastrunk showed how explosive he was...we can't let Redd and Royster be the final roster RB's when that sort of explosiveness is on the PS. I just don't see us taking that chance. Redd and Royster are pretty much the same type of back. Last week I was convinced Royster made the final cut, not now.

This is going to be interesting at the RB position.

Well, thank God you are just a fan McD5!!! 'Listen to offers for Alfred Morris' - that's just crazy talk. And do what with whatever you get? Find a top 5 player at a key position? Like Alfred Morris? :)

Let's not overthink things. We're stocked at RB. That doesn't mean there's anyone on our roster even close to the kind of player we KNOW (know - not think!) Alfred is.

Royster has never really done much for me. I'd take Redd over him in a heart beat. Still not sure about Leaky Steampunk.

Well, thank God you are just a fan McD5!!! 'Listen to offers for Alfred Morris' - that's just crazy talk. And do what with whatever you get? Find a top 5 player at a key position? Like Alfred Morris? :)

Let's not overthink things. We're stocked at RB. That doesn't mean there's anyone on our roster even close to the kind of player we KNOW (know - not think!) Alfred is.

I'm not pounding the table on it. But I'd be absolutely fine with Helu, Redd and Seastrunk.

Alfred may run better, but Helu is a much better receiver, and Gruden loves that. He loves to throw the ball to his RBs. We probably threw the ball to our RBs more in this preseason alone than we did all of last year.

I believe Helu could start. I also believe Redd could be a starter in this league. And Seastrunk could be the third down back.

If someone called tomorrow and offered an all-pro safety for Morris? I'd be all ears. And that's no knock on Morris. He's great.

Royster went up against several of their starters tonight. TB has been stuffing the run in each preseason contest and this game was no exception.

One of the RB's that's going to make the 53 is the only one nobody has mentioned. :boom:

Eh, he ain't no Ladell Betts.

BB, I like seeing Gabe Miller on that list too.. Dude appears to be able to ball out. Hopefully he's not shy about playing ST and can work his way into the rotation.

BB, I thought we released Jerry Rice, Jr? I could be wrong and have been wrong before...as my wife tells me on regular basis.

BB, I thought we released Jerry Rice, Jr? I could be wrong and have been wrong before...as my wife tells me on regular basis.

Rice Jr was released on an injury waiver. He cleared waivers (went unclaimed) and reverted back to the Redskins IR/Reserved roster. So that's why he is on the IR list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.