• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad

Speaking of PS; might wanna leave a blank spot in there for a QB. I know they don't have one today but would expect some kind of UDFA out of those 8 spots at some point.

Not so much a prediction but more wishful thinking. There's gotta be a better D-lineman out there than Golston. It's like we keep him for nostalgia or something.

With the new kid Drafted I also think Helu making it isn't exactly a given either.

On another note always appreciate the work you put into these threads BB.

Last edited:
Not so much a prediction but more wishful thinking. There's gotta be a better D-lineman out there than Golston. It's like we keep him for nostalgia or something.

Yeah, but do you remember that extra point he blocked in 2007 against the Cardinals? Reliving that day always just brings a tear to my eye. How can you not keep a guy after a play like that?

Seriously, though, I think Golston misses playing in a 4-3 as much as he misses Lorenzo Alexander.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Nield waved this year, unless he lights it up in camp.

And I think Bolser was drafted because, on film, he looks like a special teams ace. If it works out that way - anybody remember Pete Cronin? - I can live with that.

Last edited:
Anything can happen between now and the start of the season. Some guys won't make it due to injury but I can't see carrying 8 lber's. I get the fresh legs roatation ...that applies to the big fellas in the front. Who knows what to expect from the dbs? Hall in a leadership role? It would certainly change the landscape if the corner we drafted from Virginia regains his form. It pleases me a lot to see that he will get a chance to make the roster.
So it's going to be hard for Moss to make the roster? I agree and glad he's got a chance to compete. He's earned it...but he dropped too many last season.

With the new kid Drafted I also think Helu making it isn't exactly a given either.

We won't go into the season with just 1 backup to Morris.
The most likely scenario at RB will be Morris, Helu, Seastrunk, and Young.
Helu was a monster last year, considering the few opportunities he was given.
He did everything expected of him, and more. And surely earned a roster spot for this year.
There's no reason why keeping both him and Seastrunk on the same roster isn't realistic.
At the same time, let's not get ahead and pronounce Seastrunk as a lock, to make it.
Obviously he's a great guy off the field, and posseses some intriguing skills. But let's be sure he's an NFL-level RB first.

Don't know how many guys have earned a roster spot this year yet based on anything done last year. There's a new sherriff in town, he's got no attachment to the 2013 posse.

If he's going down it'll be with his guys - not someone else's. He's already made some unexpected decisions; there'll be more. And some people are gonna whine (like always) but it's not their job on the line.

I gotta say I don't like that you have Cody and hank on there as WRs but not Tanaman.

But Mike

His latest update had him on there

BB said:
Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Santana Moss
Cody Hoffman

The amount of lists on this thread is too Damn high!!!

Or that you don't know Internet memes is the problem.

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad​

We continue to take a look at the possible fifty-three man roster and practice squad. Training camp is just a few weeks away and this blog will come with plenty of updates until the actual roster/practice squad is formally announced. Feel free to post your own predictions (post as many as you desire). Please keep any disagreements and debates clean and professional.

Let’s get this latest roster prediction in the books.

Quarterbacks:
Robert Griffin, III
Kirk Cousins
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Alfred Morris
Lache Seastrunk
Roy Helu
Darrel Young

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams
Morgan Moses
Mike McGlynn
Tyler Polumbus

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Spencer Long
Kory Lichtensteiger
Shaun Lauvao
Maurice Hurt
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed
Logan Paulsen
Niles Paul

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Andre Roberts
Ryan Grant
Santana Moss
Cody Hoffman

Defensive Tackles:
Chris Baker
Barry Cofield
Clifton Geathers

Defensive Ends:
Jason Hatcher
Jarvis Jenkins
Kedric Golston
Robert Thomas
Free Agent

Linebackers:
Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Perry Riley
Trent Murphy
Keenan Robinson
Adam Hayward
Rob Jackson
Darryl Sharpton

Cornerbacks:
David Amerson
DeAngelo Hall
Tracy Porter
Bashaud Breeland
Trenton Robinson

Safeties:
Ryan Clark
Brandon Meriweather
Tanard Jackson
Phillip Thomas

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg
Zach Hocker
Robert Malone

Practice Squad:
Chase Minnifield
Akeem Davis
Ross Madison
Ted Bolser
Courtney Bridget, Jr.
Nick Williams
Jeremy Kimbrough
Will Compton

BB, I don't know much about Robinson the CB. In fact I didn't even know he could play CB. I thought he was primarily a Safety.
So, what do you see in him, that allows him to take a CB spot above Biggers, Minnifield, and Crawford ?

Not injured. Word is that he could be a good special teams player. Has some upside potential.

Too, these predictions (much like the mocks) are based on team needs and word of mouth, not on how I feel about the situation(s).

BB, I don't know much about Robinson the CB. In fact I didn't even know he could play CB. I thought he was primarily a Safety.
So, what do you see in him, that allows him to take a CB spot above Biggers, Minnifield, and Crawford ?

Trenton Robinson is a FS they picked up about half way through last season after he was released from the 49ers as they were getting pretty desperate by then for any kind of upgrade/help. Didn't really play too bad by the end of the season all considered. Don't think he played corner but they might list him as a DB and move him around. Was really highly rated coming out of college; fell to like the the 6th or 7th or something don't know what happened.

I'm really going with what the team has in mind for him. The again, it could be moot if he does not make the team.

McGlynn is more of an emergency OT; should be listed under interior OL (I don't care what their website roster sayz). They'll keep 3 OT's (Trent, Tyler, Moses) & probably 6 interior guys so just moving McGlynn there won't change the final number. Holding breath on LiRib - really hope he pulls it together this year.

Hanks situation could be interesting in that they could keep him around for awhile without it counting against the 53 man roster. If he goes Active/PUP (during camp) he doesn't count but can't practice. If it stays that way through the end of preseason they can transfer him to Reserve/PUP (still can't practice). Then if he hasn't been activated after 6 weeks, there is another 3 weeks to either transfer him to IR, or cut or activate (in which case he now counts against the 53). His salary still counts against the cap it could be pretty cheap insurance while evaluating some of the younger talent. If he practices at all during camp, the PUP option goes away. IR/Designated Return not available until after the season starts.

McGlynn is more of an emergency OT; should be listed under interior OL (I don't care what their website roster sayz). They'll keep 3 OT's (Trent, Tyler, Moses) & probably 6 interior guys so just moving McGlynn there won't change the final number. Holding breath on LiRib - really hope he pulls it together this year.

What I liked about LeRiebus is what I heard about his attitude on the field...they say he played with a bit of a mean streak. I am not sure we've seen that here in a very long time. Trent is turning into a great, but he doesn't seem to have a nasty side to him, angry...yes, i.e, the punch to Sherman's face. I can't stand the Patriots, but if you watch their OL...after a play, they almost always give an extra little shove, push or even a punch to a defender, especially if they hit Brady or any of the other skills players. They just play mean.

That's what I heard about McRib...just looks like the talent may not be there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.