• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Washington Post: DC Sports Bog: Mike Holmgren says Redskins ‘absolutely’ should chang

BGO

Mike Holmgren became the latest NFL A-lister to say the Redskins should reconsider their name, telling a Seattle radio station that the team “absolutely” should make a change.
This happened during a wide-ranging interview with Sports Radio KJR, in which the longtime league executive and former Super Bowl-winning coach offered some serious thoughts about the Jim Irsay situation.
Read full article >>
mf.gif

a2t.img

More...

Mike holmgren is offensive to every walrus that actually earns it's keep

So everytime a well-known person says the name should change, a major news outlet needs to write another article ?
Where's all the articles of the overwhelming amount of people who say it's not offensive ?

Last edited:
They call it the silent majority for a reason?

Whenever I want to hear the opinion of someone in the Pacific Northwest, I'll ask.

Other words, shut up.

Nick

This is the first I've heard of the anti-trust league.

But I feel like this will be in the courts with verdicts and appeals for MANY years to come.

People just don't care about truth or facts.
The truth is, anything that is racist, has hate as an ingredient.
No-one can argue that.
Yet no-one can give any indication whatsoever, that the Redskins' use of the name is done in hatred

No one has posted the Bruce Allen letter to Harry Reid?

link: Redskins name change not as easy as it sounds - ESPN

Not all bad...just hard too find

As far as the name. Well, Boston Braves to the Redskins. In honor of their coach, Chief Dietz. There has been some speculation as to his actual lineage to his Native American heritage but he was a Head Coach and there was really no reason to name a team 'Redskins' after a possible fraudulent Native American - in 1933. There certainly wasn't an intent to be derogatory, the intent was for an honorarium.

BTW...WTF the Black Hawks (their name & spelling prior to 1986) and upgraded to the Blackhawks. Really? REALLY?

Last edited:
Wale to the rescue? :D

D.C. rapper Wale blasts Sen. Reid to 3.65M fans on Redskins comment - Washington Times

t “Anybody been followin the Senator Reid Stuff?” the musician tweeted. “Senator Reid got a lot to say about other ppl bein racist . But I did a lil research . He sketchy.
… Basically he [trying to] use racism to make a bigger name for his self.”

In 2010, the Senate majority leader told journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann that Mr. Obama could be successful in his election bid because he was a “light-skinned” African-American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.” Mr. Reid later apologized for the remarks.

Wale, who also has a friendship with Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, tweeted of Mr. Reid: “Same dude tht was talkin down on Obama bein a 'light skinned’ with 'negro dialect’ all the sudden is a crusader for what’s right in race.

“Senator Reid don’t know anything about Washington team and I doubt he cares he just using a sensitive time to garner attention. Easy call,” he tweeted.

Just a note, Lache Seastrunk is 'of Native American descent' and thought that being drafted by the Redskins was pretty cool.
If you mosey on over to the dot com, his interview can be seen via video archives. The name thing starts at 3:53 (or so)

Last edited:
Reid, he of that great sovereign state of Nevada, which depends upon booze, gambling and legalized prostitution to stay afloat.

Not that he does more than maintain a PO Box there.

He probably lives in Georgetown DC or in Great Falls along the Potomac.

The last time he saw a Native American was on the History Channel.

Holmgren in Cleveland was a poorer GM than Cerrato here.

Like Shanahan he is living off a 20 year old reputation as a younger man.

These guys are done in the NFL.

The only way to get their name in the papers anymore is to say something controversial.

Mike Holmgren has been irrelevent since he left the Seahawks, I pay attention to what he says as much as I do the spokesman of the Oneida Nation.

It is all about pointing the finger at the Team whilst ignoring their own mess

Gotta love Snyder's prophetic declaration that what comes around goes around. Fast forward to 2012 and the RG3 deal and you get Holmgren getting the same treatment he doled out and publicly crying foul over it. Notice Snyder at least kept his whine between himself and Mike and himself and Jerrah. So what came around sure di go back around , glad that for ONCE we were able to give a little come uppance. Also glad that by all accounts Snyder has grown and learned from those early days of painful lesson learning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.