• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is it just Texas or is it everwhere?

RG3 Fan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Baylor
Is it just Texas or is it everywhere?

Just got back from San Antonio on IH 35. Freeways torn up with new construction that they had just built a few years ago. Drivers who rubberneck and put traffic to a stop to watch a fat guy change his tire on his pickup. Could understand if it was a good looking gal, but it obviously was not the case. Regardless, trip took a hour longer than it used to.

Rubber neckers should be punished.

A hot girl somehow turns into a fat guy changing his tire? Umm...Fear, WTF?

And no RG3 Fan...it happens everywhere. Rubbernecking is horrible around here too. And here's another rub of mine...if you see a cop on the side of the road writing a ticket...you DO NOT need to slow down below the speed limit. In Fact, you DO NOT even have to hit your breaks!

On a similar note, there was a study done recently that suggests Baltimore drivers are the 2nd rudest in the nation...DC 5th. It's was a scientific study some knuckleheads did for major cities throughout the country with certain criteria to measure. I don't have the particulars...but the areas I drive on a daily basis were among the worst in the country.

A hot girl somehow turns into a fat guy changing his tire? Umm...Fear, WTF?

I mean, if you're waiting a really long time in traffic, the original incident may be cleared by the time you pass it, and there just happens to be a fat guy on the side of the road in same general vicinty, when you pass it.

And here's another rub of mine...if you see a cop on the side of the road writing a ticket...you DO NOT need to slow down below the speed limit. In Fact, you DO NOT even have to hit your breaks!

Actually, that's incorrect.....in many, or most states. If you're in the lane closest to him, you need to move over to the next lane, and if that lane is full, you need to slow down below the speed limit. Or risk a ticket yourself.

Last edited:
I mean, if you're waiting a really long time in traffic, the original incident may be cleared by the time you pass it, and there just happens to be a fat guy on the side of the road in same general vicinty, when you pass it.

Actually, that's incorrect.....in many, or most states. If you're in the lane closest to him, you need to move over to the next lane, and if that lane is full, you need to slow down below the speed limit. Or risk a ticket yourself.

Here in MD, they just passed a law that you need to give them a lane...you're correct. But NOT if they are on the opposite side of the road! :rolleyes-new:

Texas has a law like that. You have to move over a lane or drop to 20 below the speed limit. It's somewhat unenforceable, but most people seem to do it.

Here in MD, they just passed a law that you need to give them a lane...you're correct. But NOT if they are on the opposite side of the road! :rolleyes-new:

That's the worst!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.