• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Six Draft Picks

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
May 16, 2014

REDSKINS SIGN SIX DRAFT PICKS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed the following 2014 draft picks:

ROUND (PICK) PLAYER SCHOOL

3 (78) G Spencer Long Nebraska
4 (102) CB Bashaud Breeland Clemson
5 (142) WR Ryan Grant Tulane
6 (186) RB Lache (Lake) Seastrunk Baylor
7 (217) TE Ted Bolser Indiana
7 (228) K Zach Hocker Arkansas

Long (6-5, 320) started in all 33 career games in which he played at Nebraska. He was a second-team All-Big Ten selection in 2013 while helping the Cornhuskers finish third in the conference in rushing yards per game (215.7). As a junior, he earned second team Associated Press All-America honors and first team All-Big Ten honors in 2012, helping Nebraska have 16 100-yard rushing performances during the season.

Long, 23, was born on Nov. 8, 1990, and attended Elkhorn (Neb.) H.S.

Breeland (5-11, 197) started 24 of the 37 career games in which he played at Clemson, helping the Tigers finish with a 30-7 record. He amassed 159 tackles (121 solo), three sacks, 8.5 stops for losses, six interceptions, and 20 passes defensed. As a junior in 2013, Murphy earned All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors.

Breeland, 22, was born on Jan. 30, 1992. He attended Allendale-Fairfax (Allendale, S.C.) H.S., earning all-state honors after he led the team to a 10-2 record as a senior in 2009.

Grant (6-0, 197) started 31 of the 47 career games in which he played at Tulane, finishing with 196 receptions for 2,769 yards and 21 receiving touchdowns. As a senior in 2013, he was an All-Conference USA selection after leading the team in receptions (77), receiving yards (1,039), and receiving touchdowns (nine). He had at least one catch in each of the last 33 games he played and multiple-catch outings in his last 19 contests.

Grant, 23, was born on Dec. 19, 1990. He attended West Brook H.S. in Beaumont, Texas, where he was a first-team all-district selection his senior year after hauling in 42 receptions for 717 yards and seven touchdowns.

Seastrunk (5-9, 210) appeared in 24 games in two seasons at Baylor and amassed 2,189 rushing yards on 289 attempts (7.6 avg.) and added 18 rushing touchdowns. He was a two-time All-Big 12 honoree (2013 & 2012) and set the school and Big Twelve Conference career-records with his 7.57 yards per carry average (minimum 200 attempts). Seastrunk transferred from Oregon prior to the 2011 season.

Seastrunk, 22, was born on July 29, 1991. He attended Temple (Texas) H.S., finishing as the school’s all-time leader for touchdowns (52) scored and rushing yards (4,217). He was named to the U.S. Army All-America and USA Today All-USA teams as a senior in 2009.

Bolser (6-5, 257) appeared in 48 games with 37 starts at Indiana, finishing as the school’s all-time tight ends leader with 117 receptions, 1,337 receiving yards and 15 receiving touchdowns. In 2013, he earned honorable mention All-Big Ten.

Bolser, 23, was born on Oct. 22, 1990, and attended Indian Hill H.S. in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Hocker (6-0, 189) is Arkansas’ career leader in points scored (354). In 2013, he played in all 12 games and went 13 for 15 on field goal attempts, including a career-long 54-yarder vs. Mississippi State.

Hocker, 22, was born on Aug. 23, 1991, and attended Russellville (Ark.) H.S. where he earned all-state honors in 2009.

What kills me is, the Rookie deals are limited in dollar amount if memory serves, so why is it so hard to get everybody signed.

Maybe... It just bothers the piss out of me when an unproven prospect slows the process.

I dont remember any holdouts last year...Griffin was in all camps and in uniform as was Luck in 2012, also. I think its just a time thing and they have to wait for representation, writing it up, giving it to them, reviewing...mumbo jumbo. I know you literally can not go over a certain number and they can only sign for a certain year so I dunno..

Trying to get some guaranteed salary possibly. Split Salary contracts maybe? 3rd's and below get a lot of these stipulations - I doubt that it is going to take long, irregardless of the holdup. Not worried - it's minor, whatever it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.