• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Redskin will be the biggest shocker, to not make the final roster in 2014 ?

Which Redskins will be the biggest shocker to be cut in August ?

• Stephen Bowen

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Kai Forbath

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Leonard Hankerson

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Roy Helu

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Jarvis Jenkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandon Jenkins

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Niles Paul

• Bacarri Rambo

• Barry Cofield

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Santana Moss

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Ryan Grant

• Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
To be clearer, trying to say that I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at Grant and the UDFA WR's and said 'They can give us more than Moss this season'... hence why I wouldn't be 'shocked' if he was cut. Saddened? A little, but only in terms of all he's given.

if I read you right...you are saying the cuts will be driven by performance. but, then, why would anyone be shocked by the decision?

if I read you right...you are saying the cuts will be driven by performance. but, then, why would anyone be shocked by the decision?

I was harking back to the original thread title ''Which Redskins will be the biggest shocker to be cut in August ?'' and countering a majority vote who are currently suggesting Moss would be the biggest 'shock' cut.

My point is that he would not be a shock cut, based on his production drop-off and the guys they're currently looking at.

By the criteria of the vote, all things considered, I would not be at all shocked should Santana be cut.

The only shock of Santana being cut would be sentimental, because he's done a lot for this team in his tenure here. A lot of big moments from 89, and I'll continue to wear his jersey proudly after he's gone.

Unfortunately, that and a dollar-fifty will buy you a cup of coffee in the NFL.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Moss should have walked away like London did. London's play had declined noticeably and he knew that. Was he going to come back and be a backup LB or wedge-buster on ST? No.

Moss unlike Fletcher has been in the slot #3 job for two years and hasn't been a regular starter since 2011.

The players ostensibly in front of him, Josh Morgan and Leonard Hankerson, were themselves backup quality at best.

To me Moss is riding this out until the team locks the facility and take away his key, he should have more pride than that.

Moss should have walked away like London did. London's play had declined noticeably and he knew that. Was he going to come back and be a backup LB or wedge-buster on ST? No.

London had kind of an off/on switch, though. He was good, good, good, good, good, bad…. didn’t really taper off, it just went from good straight to bad. Moss has been on a gradual decline and it may be more difficult to see since his role had been diminished anyway. Either way, I don’t think he’ll make the final roster since he likely won’t see much play time in the Preseason anyway.

Nick

Now watch ... Cousins will hit Moss on an 80-yard TD over the top in the preseason opener.

And it will be less than 15 minutes later that someone will bump this thread.

or he gets cut and someone comes back to do the same thing...

the life of message boards.

I dont think Hank is here come week 1. I think Grant supplants him as the 'big' guy wideout and Reed is used like Gresham was in 11 and 12 when he got targeted in the Redzone.

6 foot 199 - not exactly a big guy by WR standards. Not saying he doesn't make the team but without Hank, their current 'big buy' would be Pierre. Hoffman on the other hand...

6 foot 199 - not exactly a big guy by WR standards. Not saying he doesn't make the team but without Hank, their current 'big buy' would be Pierre. Hoffman on the other hand...

you're absolutely right I inverted the two... my brain was thinking Grant @ 6'3 220+ and i was backwards. I still dont think Hank is on this team week 1 without him blowing up the first team reps in camp/preseason.

I have heard however that Grant looks scary good in the early goings. He's been facing other rookies to this point, but his route running ability, and ability to create separation is very strong.

Moss unlike Fletcher has been in the slot #3 job for two years and hasn't been a regular starter since 2011.

The players ostensibly in front of him, Josh Morgan and Leonard Hankerson, were themselves backup quality at best.

To me Moss is riding this out until the team locks the facility and take away his key, he should have more pride than that.

What if Moss turns out to be our best Return Man, in camp and preseason ?

I'd be highly disappointed in the FO's offseason acquisitions.

So, this would cancel out all other upgrades they've already made on the O-line, D-line, LB's, DB's, RB's , Special Teams, D-Jackson, A-Roberts, etc and deem this offseason a failure, simply because they couldn't find a better returner than someone proven like Moss, and nothing short of an immediate 180 degree turnaround of a team with over half-dozen glaring holes, in one offseason, is acceptable ?

So, this would cancel out all other upgrades they've already made on the O-line, D-line, LB's, DB's, RB's , Special Teams, D-Jackson, A-Roberts, etc and deem this offseason a failure, simply because they couldn't find a better returner than someone proven like Moss, and nothing short of an immediate 180 degree turnaround of a team with over half-dozen glaring holes, in one offseason, is acceptable ?

I believe you've missed the point. The upgrades they are/trying to make on STs. Thought that would be rather obvious. They are looking at a LOT of players with return capabilities. Falling down to Moss is a last resort as a return man. Don't believe me, right? Look how long it was before they turned to him last season. How many guys did they try first? Epic fail. And no, they should not have started him off as the return guy, he wasn't that good at it. He was the best they had. Sad.

What if Moss turns out to be our best Return Man, in camp and preseason ?

I'm assuming this is under the idea that for some reason Jackson refuses to return punts here?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Absolutely, unless one of the rookies or Roberts impresses in camp. How many return men actually get hurt on returns. I don't want him being a flanker or a wedge buster, but he's a game breaker as a return man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Redskins drafted and signed a number of players who have returned kicks including Breeland and Hoffman as well as others like Seastrunk that are asking for a shot there.

My guess is we won't have a 35 year old wide receiver returning kicks at $1M plus when these other guys are going to cost $400K.

Crawford should be back healthy this year as well and he was doing well in the role of Return Man.

My guess is we won't have a 35 year old wide receiver returning kicks at $1M plus when these other guys are going to cost $400K.

I love how we can discuss a guy making $400k a year as being "cheap." :biggrin-new:

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.