• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign College Free Agents

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
May 15, 2014

REDSKINS SIGN COLLEGE FREE AGENTS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Redskins announced today that they have signed 10 college free agents. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

The college free agents include:

PLAYER POS. HT. WT. COLLEGE
Chris Davenport NT 6-4 334 Tulane

Lee Doss WR 6-1 178 Southern

Cody Hoffman WR 6-4 210 Brigham Young

Kofi Hughes WR 6-2 217 Indiana

Rashad Lawrence WR 6-2 190 Northwestern

Kevin Perry TE 6-6 275 Texas-El Paso

Silas Redd RB 5-10 200 Southern California

Tommy Rees QB 6-1 215 Notre Dame

Bryan Shepherd DB 5-10 180 North Dakota State

Robert Thomas NT 6-3 325 Arkansas

In addition, earlier in the week, the team terminated the contract of wide receiver David Gettis and waived kicker Jake Rogers.

Skins will carry, what 6 or 7 WRs and don't have too many spots left. I know Hoffman didn't have great combine numbers but he does have KR experience and wow...

Hoffman set BYU career records for receptions (260), touchdowns (33), receiving yards (3,612) and all-purpose yards (5,015) and 100-yard receiving games (18).

link: Four undrafted BYU players sign as NFL free-agents | BYU Sports | The Salt Lake Tribune

They definitely got a few guys on this list to keep an eye on here this camp.

i like the height on Cody Hoffman 6'4...SIZE is something we do not really have at WR...but WR seems a little crowded already to me...i think somebody will not be on the 53 man at the beginning of the season.....

i like the height on Cody Hoffman 6'4...SIZE is something we do not really have at WR...but WR seems a little crowded already to me...i think somebody will not be on the 53 man at the beginning of the season.....
Cody Hoffman highlights.

Looks like the scouting report on Tommy Rees was accurate, perhaps too optimistic.

He was described as being a 'decent camp arm' but nothing more. Well, he didn't even make it to camp, failing to survive the rookie OTA.

Chris Russell said that Rees and Fox were so bad they prevented the coaches from being able to get a decent look at the receivers :(

Chris Russell said that Rees and Fox were so bad they prevented the coaches from being able to get a decent look at the receivers :(

I think the other guy was Box but yeah still the Skins think they're better off with only 3 QBs on the roster at the moment than taking a flyer on somebody. They'll grab a 4th guy sooner or later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.