• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Interesting Giveaway at the Game....could this mean future cuts?

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
The Redskins had a new giveaway during the game today.

3 times during the game the Skins gave free replica jerseys away to fans in one row of various sections. I jokingly thought it was b/c the Skins are getting rid of these players in 2010 and are trying to find a way to get rid of excess jerseys to avoid a Jason Taylor situation (I swear, right now a 3rd world village somewhere is clothed in only Jason Taylor jerseys) of excess jerseys.

But when I thought of the player names, I thought it could be a reality.

here are the names:
Jason Campbell
Antwaan Randle-El
Clinton Portis

what says you?

I say you are always thinking Redskins' football! :claps:

I agree that all 3 players should be gone, but I would be surprised if any were.

Portis is Snyder's buddy.

Randle El is probably the best bet to be gone, but...

Campbell probably won't get picked up by any other team. Do we just release him?

Btw, how was the ride back to the Shore today?

much better when you win:biggrin2:

You actually can listen to the post game show on the way home.
Being tired and having a sore throat isn't so bad after the team plays well.

The Redskins had a new giveaway during the game today.

3 times during the game the Skins gave free replica jerseys away to fans in one row of various sections. I jokingly thought it was b/c the Skins are getting rid of these players in 2010 and are trying to find a way to get rid of excess jerseys to avoid a Jason Taylor situation (I swear, right now a 3rd world village somewhere is clothed in only Jason Taylor jerseys) of excess jerseys.

But when I thought of the player names, I thought it could be a reality.

here are the names:
Jason Campbell
Antwaan Randle-El
Clinton Portis

what says you?

I say with thinking like that, you should work for the danny:)

Campbell's contract is up. Unless he is desperate for a job I just don't see him back. Don't think he wants to come back and Snyder doesn't want him back.

Randel EL is probably done as well.

Will be curious to watch Portis situation play out. If get a new and strong GM with an uncapped year he will be gone.

You know, as much of a non Campbell fan as I am, I could see us signing him to vet min or something like that. The free agent QB market does not look good at all and we have other issues to address in the draft.

Depending on what happens, IF a new GM keeps the WCO, I could Campbell here for one more year.

It's not like he's going to get a huge contract, or any contract for that matter, from any other team

Dear lord Please don't bring JC back for ANY amount of money. I can't see them giving away jerseys of players they could MAKE money with next year.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't want him back either. I'm just saying that we may find ourselves in a position that he may be the best option. Especially if we upgrade/draft for a more urgent need in other areas

After yesterdays game, I can see us wanting to upgrade the secondary, on top of our othe glaring concerns

Jason Campbell will be a solid backup and spot starter in the NFL, but in other than the WCO.

He will go to another team and enjoy some longevity.

Would he be of value here?

Only if the incoming coach scratched the WCO and installed another system.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

OK, I am gonna need a little help understanding JC's status as a Restricted Free Agent. Does this mean if he is signed by another team they owe us a draft pick? If so, I would seriously doubt anybody is going to want to spend a pick on him.

If no one picks him up, what happens at that point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.