• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Send Cease and Desist Letter to Arrington

Life's too short to hate on your own.

I'm trying to focus my bile on divison rivals, the Seahawks and extinction level events.

arrington was never great to be honest he was barely decent and anyone who voted him as a redskins great is a moron and should turn in their fan card.

arrington should shut his yap about our team, he took the money, ran and sucked everywhere else too.

Unless Deadspin has seen the letter (I can't tell--damn page won't load), they're making the same false assumption ... that the cease and desist is about the man calling himself a "Redskins great" and not about the unlicensed use of the brand for profit.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

he spends most of his time on the air trashing the organization from top to bottom so why would he want to still be associated with it?

oh, thats right. he has NOTHING else going for him! He has done NOTHING else with his life!

Unless Deadspin has seen the letter (I can't tell--damn page won't load), they're making the same false assumption ... that the cease and desist is about the man calling himself a "Redskins great" and not about the unlicensed use of the brand for profit.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

They showed the flyer at the bottom of the article. It's a picture of him in uniform, but you can't see the logo, only very, very small Redskins on the chest. Much more prominently displayed are the words "Redskin great."

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yep, saw it. Know what it looks like? A guy advertising his own personal 'football camp' as something tied to the Washington Redskins.

There's a reason advertisers can't use team logos in their advertisements.

Pretty much all I have to say about that.

Yep, saw it. Know what it looks like? A guy advertising his own personal 'football camp' as something tied to the Washington Redskins.

Not to me, it looks like they're trying to up Arrington's credibility to host the camp, not associate the camp with the team at all. The lettering is all blue and black, and Xtreme Procision and Under Armor logos are prominently displayed, not the Redskins (or anything NFL). If they called it "Former Redskin great Lavar Arrington's tackling camp," then you might have something. I just don't see it, but then again I expect this type of crap from Snyder now, so maybe it's jaded my view. You can only sue so many old ladies until you lose the benefit of the doubt in my eyes.

Anyway, agree to disagree. This argument isn't really worth the time. :)

Lavar gets cut zero slack with me for the same reasons Bitchell doesn't, they can both go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. They burned bridges badly when they left...one of the lamest things this team does is let people like that back in the fold. You want to burn those bridges fine, but don't come back after you retire and expect the slate wiped clean. Nobody screwed anyone and they both became rich men because of the Redskins. You were adored while here and the very reason you were adored was because of the team you played for. You don't get to leave and (not just criticize but) bash to the point that fans ubiquitously turn on you and still come back and get an "atta boy everything's OK" with all the former adulation restored. You turned and went way beyond legit criticism to the point of embarrassment of the team, HTF can you expect them to do anything BUT treat you as some guy off the street in that situation? The ONLY thing that got you on that 70 list was fans you jerkoff. Play by the rules the rest of us do for once. Go pound sand.

This is definitely petty stuff and doesn't make Snyder look good.

That said, I hate LaVar with a passion and his stupid ass authentic jersey I spent hundreds of dollars on will remain on the scarecrow that my brother and I use as a 100 yd. marker on the horse pasture-turned-driving range we built on my parents' ranch. :) Go suck tuna water, LaVar!

Didn't Snyder try to screw LA out of a $7.5M bonus?

I'm not saying Lavar was blameless, but he gave back $5M to be released... that's pretty unheard of.

he gave back that money because he was going to end up failing out of the NFL if he didn't break free. He did that to save his own ass and try to get his career back on.

Signing with a division rival so he could "whoop our butts twice a year and once in DC" was his move to screw with us. Him coming back to trash the org and team every chance he gets was his move. His opening a restaurant in the area to try and profit off the name he was given by us was his move.

He sucked off the teet and under performed for years with us. the only thing he is known for is knocking an already punch drunk Aikman out of the league for good. now he calls himself "QB Killa" because of it. the LaVar leap...how did that translate in the NFL?

Thats not directed at you...I just hate when ex players make a career out of trashing the very team that helped make them. Bitchell is another one.

And by the way ... every current and former NFL player knows he can't use NFL trademarks for personal financial gain.

Arrington not only chose to do so anyway, but is now playing the victim card when called on it.

Predictably enough, since it's big meanie Dan Snyder on the other side, everyone from disgruntled fans to the opportunists like Deadspin are quick to point the finger squarely at the team's "pettiness."

Smooth move, LA. Stay classy.

he gave back that money because he was going to end up failing out of the NFL if he didn't break free. He did that to save his own ass and try to get his career back on.

I dunno...he had just signed a long-term extension to stay in Washington the previous season. I think he gave the $5M back because he was so outraged over the $7.5M bonus that he lost. I don't know who was at fault for that; whether his agent screwed up, or whether the Redskins were dishonest, but it definitely pissed off Lavar. I think the Postons ended up getting suspended for a year over negligence, because the bonus had been in an earlier draft, but was removed in the final. That seems shady to me, that the Redskins would just take it out without any conversation, but I don't know the details of how it went down. I do know it pissed Lavar off enough to pay $5M to get out of the extension he had just signed to go play football somewhere else. He then got a $50M deal to play with the Giants, so its not like he went somewhere else to play for the vet minimum.

Oh well...I've definitely expended enough energy defending Lavar, who definitely isn't worth defending, so I'll stop. I respect that people hate him now, but I guess that sort of stuff doesn't bother me that much. I don't really mind Mitchell either, I'd rather remember him for his returns than anything he said when he left.

Arrington is a drama queen. Wouldn't surprise me a but if he planned this out ahead of time for the press.

Agree on having Lavar in the 70 greatest as a giant wtf moment either. Some serious ballot stuffing going on then.

Didn't Snyder try to screw LA out of a $7.5M bonus?

I'm not saying Lavar was blameless, but he gave back $5M to be released... that's pretty unheard of.

The argument from the Poston brothers (I don't think they're even allowed in the NFL any longer because of misrepresentation of their clients) was that the 'Skins were going to give LaVar two $6.5m roster bonuses due on the same day. The contract his agents read (and he signed) had one. The 'Skins said it was one all-along, LaVar cries he got hosed. Obviously none of us was in that room, but it doesn't make sense to give someone two identical roster bonuses on the same day. Why not just one $13m roster bonus? If you cut a player, he gets none of it, anyway.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.