• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DRAFT DAY (3)

Sounds like the end, for Niles Paul.
And a sad day for El

I was just thinking the same thing.

Niles was good on ST, but has never really developed into a TE.

If a KR emerges, he may be in trouble.

Another note on Bolser. How often, in any level of football, is a TE named the team captain?

I'm all for cheering on your guy but I am not too sure that this kid makes the team as a TE. He lacks blocking ability, is not known for his speed, and we have 2 set TEs. If anything, I see special teams. But I dont think that means its the end for Paul either.

The follow up to that FTS is did they blow a lot more of their picks back then and do they hit on more of them now? IOW does the extra time equate to better analysis?

Paul is a question mark. I think we have seen enough that Niles is not going to stake out a 12 year NFL career at TE. He is miscast here. The Shanahan hyperbole about Shannon Sharpe notwithstanding, Paul at 6'1 and 230 should compete at WR.

Obviously Reed and Paulsen are locks to make it.
But the 3rd and 4th TE positions are wide open, and anybody's guess

Last year Skins carried 3 TE's - to get to 4 someone has to go. My guess, is if they went that way, that guy would be DY. I don't think it is totally impossible to see both Bolser & Perry make it they went 4. Perry a pretty decent inline blocker and hard to miss with the ball @ 6'5". Another guy who also played basketball. Skins list him at 6'6"/275 but I haven't seen him showing more than 6'5"/260 anywhere else.

Zero Fullbacks, huh ?

Are they going extinct ?

Pretty much - two FBs drafted; one in the 6th (#35; Hou) & one in the 7th (#30; SF). Texans had 10 picks, 49ers had 12. Unless the guy is an absolute killer on ST a lot of teams just don't carry one anymore. And some teams are leaning more towards the hybrid FB/TE (Ellison, Vikes; Harkey, Rams)

Last edited:
Pretty much - two FBs drafted; one in the 6th (#35; Hou) & one in the 7th (#30; SF). Texans had 10 picks, 49ers had 12. Unless the guy is an absolute killer on ST a lot of teams just don't carry one anymore. And some teams are leaning more towards the hybrid FB/TE (Ellison, Vikes; Harkey, Rams)

Didn't Gibbs invent that ?

Didn't Gibbs invent that ?

Yeah - he was trying to rid himself of a nuisance - Lawrence Taylor. They just couldn't stop him so Gibbs came up with the 'H Back' - an extra TE to put on him. Set him back slightly from the line of scrimmage or in the backfield. At the time Riggo was the primary back and basically a fullback sized primary RB. Their other backs, being smaller than Riggins, weren't able to stop LT so he threw in an extra TE in place of the halfback, now designated the 'H-Back'. Some teams now use similar sets but depending on how much they move the guy around and how much they use it as a skill position might call it an F-Back, don't see a whole lotta true H-back sets these days in the pros. Chip Kelly used a double H-Back set in Ore a little bit. Nah, he wouldn't...would he?

I don't think it is totally impossible to see both Bolser & Perry make it they went 4. Perry a pretty decent inline blocker and hard to miss with the ball @ 6'5". Another guy who also played basketball. Skins list him at 6'6"/275 but I haven't seen him showing more than 6'5"/260 anywhere else.

Perry's been cut already, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.