• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DRAFT DAY (3)

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The NFL Draft has long been a guilty pleasure, fueled in no small part by the many years that draft day has arguably been the highlight of any Redskins year. Many a Saturday has been spent in the 90's, 00's, and into the 10's, nervously anticipating what shiny new toy(s) the burgundy and gold would bring into the fold, all full of promise and potential and a bright future.

So today, driving into work, I found myself wondering ...

What if tonight the Redskins still had that #2 overall pick, the pick Rams fans have instead been eyeing with nervous anticipation and excitement for the last few months? What if the Skins already had DeSean Jackson in the fold, as well as the free agents that have been brought in to date, and the only thing different about tonight was that El Commish was going to stride to the podium around 15 minutes after the first overall pick has been made, and say,

"With the 2nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select ... "?

Who do you think it would be?

And what would you think about it?

Last edited:
Nice thread! Super excited over here. Alarm set for 1am, and no meetings booked for tomorrow!

Assuming Clowney's off the board (probably best- wouldn't want to be the guy that passed on him, OR the guy that took him with the lingering question marks!),...

With the 2nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select ... Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson for sure, but if the Texans aren't able to trade down, I wouldn't be shocked to see them take Robinson.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Also, I hate hate hate! the new format. Just another on the long list of things Goodell has changed that I hate him for.

Me either. Also wouldn't be totally shocked if Mack was taken first given the recent buzz. To use the scouting parlance, it would seem Clowney has the higher ceiling, Mack has the higher floor. You could move Mack along the line. Clowney is rush-or-bust. I'd me itching to trade out of #1 if I were the Texans. The trades are going to be fascinating.

At least it's more interesting than last year!

we could possibly be drafting somebody tonight ..possible trade Cousins to the .........? Browns...we would have a first round choice ..who would it be at number 4....?....?just saying it could happen..got off early cooking on the grill...I'm ready

I'm tryin to get excited about the day, but it's hard to do so, knowing we don't pick until tomorrow night.
I guess I"ll consider it like a "Bye Week" for us, where my job is to root against the division rivals and hope they lose.
So, basically I'm hoping the Cowboys get Manziel as Jerry promised.
Although I think the most likely scenario is the Browns take him

If we were picking #2, I'd be doing everything I could (meaning nothing beyond willing it) to get Bruce and Jay to take the highest rated lineman, on either side of the ball, left on their board. Whether that's OL to protect The Franchise, or DL to get after the Other Guys' Franchise, I'd be a happy guy.

If RG3 is right this team has the 'skill' players to be a contender. What it still lacks, and has forever, is dominance inside.

anyone thinking about going in to the chat room for it?

I know we dont have a first rounder but Ill be on watching and drinking a beer or 10.

anyone care to join me?

flying to Florida from Glasgow so no first round for me

is hopping to catch round two somewhere in Disney

why is the cheesy basketball music playing and these guys having to get on podiums?

I dont get whats happening here.

This is ridiculous. You've had literally 5 months to figure out your pick or work out a trade, lol.

With the number 2 pick in the 2014 draft... The ramskins pick...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sorry watching draft At a bar with my phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Lol Jacksonville. Man, it's gotta be tough being a Jags fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.