A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rutgers Univ rescinds invitation to C. Rice

EXCLUSIVE: Rice Withdraws from Rutgers Commencement | National Review Online

One wonders if similar approaches to thought control will be considered when the time comes for payoffs to the liars and closet fascists who have been pushing ACA.

Modern academia! no wonder America keeps slipping in every imaginable category internationally. The primary metadata these days for any "truth" is its ideological value.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

It's very disappointing that our young people and the 'professors' who largely 'teach' them are so afraid of dissent that they have to muzzle, harass, threaten, and exclude anyone who's significantly different from them or who doesn't tow the politically correct line on all the 'important' issues of the day. I've noted for a long while that the enormous focus on diversity in America doesn't include diversity of opinion or thought. We're talking about Condaleeza Rice, the barrier breaking woman and true intellectual, someone who has spent her life in service and whose achievements are inspiring.

It really makes me sick.

Typically for her and unlike everyone else involved here, Rice solved the problem with class, dignity, and unselfishness, refraining from responding in any way other than to state that her involvement in the Rutger's commencement had become a distraction that threatened to ruin a special day for graduates. If I were a Rutger's alum, I would be embarrased to call myself one right now.

Maybe Hilary Clinton is available on commencement day. Because, you know, she's so 'honorable' and all.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy

A California college made kids pay to listen to Pelosi speak at a graduation.

The hypocrisy is astounding
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Towson

Well said, John.

Condaleeza is an esteemed professor, first black female Sec. of State, and for all intents and purposes, did a damn good job during an immensely difficult time. This lady broke so many racial and gender barriers, she was not embroiled in major scandals and was well-respected internationally; I'm astounded that people wouldn't want to hear her speak. Well, actually, I'm not astounded, the environment on so many of these university campuses is so skewed to the ultra-left it's incredible. Like you said, John, openness to diversity seems to only hold true for controversial left of center speakers, or you know, complete crazy asses like Ahmadinejad.

I'm just really disappointed the administration folded to this crap. Very sad.

As an aside, Condi Rice is one of my top 5 female role models in life, I love that lady. Her biography is great, I highly recommend. If I had the money I'd pay off the next damn speaker to sit there and read it to those little shits for their commencement speech.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

The worst part for me is that this nonsense is just another bullet points on her list of reasons to not bother running for president.

She's more than qualified and I think she'd very much settle down the bipartisan bickering and be a real leader.

But she's probably too smart to go through the crap required to get there. George Carlin did a bit where he said if we're so unhappy with the politicians look at the people that elect them and how they let their votes be determined.

The same reason she will probably not run is just another reason why she'd be the right person for the job.

And we've created an environment that scares threat type of person odd.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Towson

Yeah, I agree with you Tshile. Most of the people who would be the best leaders for our country don't want to deal with the bullcrap in Washington and I don't blame them. It's sad. Colin Powell is another example, although I'm not sure he ever wanted to run for President. But to not have someone like that continuing to work at a high level in Washington is a loss for us. Same with Robert Gates.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bets on the number of commencement speeches made by noted drone bomber of wedding Barack Obama in the decade after his exit from the Oval Office?
    0 0 0 0

victrix causa deis placuit sed victa Catoni.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Towson

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyof91 View Post
    Bets on the number of commencement speeches made by noted drone bomber of wedding Barack Obama in the decade after his exit from the Oval Office?
    Obviously he'll get more bids since he was POTUS, but I agree with your overall point. Can you imagine what the far left would be doing had Bush killed this many terrorists with drone strikes during his presidency? They'd be going apecrap.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Any university should be honored to have Rice speak at their commencement. People in this country really need to get over themselves and their politics sometimes.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy

When it comes to social issues Condi is a moderate/ liberal, which I overlooked when she was in office. It is good to see ignorant, intolerant, hypocritical and pompous, liberal faculties on display for all to see. Send your children to Rutgers where they will indoctrinate your young into what to think and who to despise before hearing their POV.
    0 0 0 0

Never Get into a Fight with an Ugly Person. They Have nothing to lose. :)

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

look...what Rutgers did was the right thing.

there are those who know her true motives and intent. she needs to be separated out because they are not palatable to some.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Florida State

I think I am the only one who sees her backing out as her decision and a poor one at that. There was a large outcry against the students rallying against her from supporters at that school when this first appeared on the scene. Her backing out…as to avoid controversy…is worse than if she had gone ahead and given the speech. There comes a time when the extreme left starts understanding how much of a minority they are.

They have been emboldened by the election and tact of Barak Obama and it's time moderates on both side and Conservatives stand up and tell these whiny, latte drinking, over educated, boobs who lack understanding of how life actually works, to STFU!!!

I had hope Rice would have done that.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

She didn't back out to avoid controversy - she backed out because she felt the whole 'controversy' was going to detract from the graduates special day, and didn't want the 'uproar' over her speaking to negatively impact a day that is supposed to be about celebrating student's accomplishments. I think she made a classy decision.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

I find the attack on latte-drinking people in this thread disturbing.

Deeply disturbing.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Resident Caps Fan
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

The classiness of her decision aside, why does the thread title say Rutgers rescinded the invitation, when it was in fact Rice backing out?

Posted With Tapatalk
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Towson

I was just reminded freaking SNOOKI from JERSEY SHORE was Rutgers' commencement speaker 3 years ago

I seriously can't handle the stupidity today. I need a latte.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

If we lived closer, I'd buy you a latte so we could talk about all the stupid all around.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy

like buying lattes and gossiping?

BOOO YAH!!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

It's not gossip if it's true, right?
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy

unless that person isn't there to hear it, it is gossip. didn't they teach you that at your berry beer knitting class?

see, THATS not gossip!
    0 0 0 0