• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Name Change

Florio now also answers to NBC, so...

Nick

I saw a link to this article on facebook, sorry if you have all seen it before

How ESPN Talent Will Treat ?Redskins? Name on Monday Night Football This Fall « CBS DC

What i found most interesting in this section.

“There are also contractual issues here with the league,” Tirico went on to say. “We have an obligation to use the names and the marks of the teams. The league sells us the right to do the games and we sign up as part of that as well. Here’s the bottom line for me: I have my own personal feelings on the name. I think it’s time for Dan Snyder and the league together truly take a long look at making a change. But if I’m there to document the game, and that’s what I’m paid to do and charged with, the body of the game broadcast to me is not the forum or the place to pass judgment on this issue while dancing around 2nd and 5 at the 35 yard line. I think that’s a little unfair. So I’m going to do what I did in the preseason game. The appropriate approach to me is minimize the use of the nickname but not completely avoid it.”

Tirico is confirming what Al Michaels said on the Cowherd show said, the media are contractualy obliged to use our full and proper name.

What I want to know is why the League are not enforcing this, their failure to do so, is paramount to telling us your on your own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.