• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Name Change

BGO

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Wednesday called on National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell and Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to change the team's name in the wake of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's lifetime ban from the NBA.

"I believe Roger Goodell is a good man but ...

More...

You knew added pressure was about to come. But seeing as how we're so close to the draft, the name is probably safe for at least another season.

Harry Reid tops the list of people I'd like to punch right in the nose.

Feinstein...she is my #1

Well that settles it. I will support anything Harry Reid is against until I die.

Anybody else hear that? I think another senator just farted. They still stink when the wind comes out.

Not anything important.

What a ****ing joke Reid is. I am so sick of career politicians worrying about the Redskins.

Wow, timing is everything and so revealing.
Jump on a bandwagon when a certain issue is a hot topic, and pretend to be pro-active, and pretend to care about a group of people, just to score political points.
Then again, this type of things is nothing new.

Last edited:
Oh bless your little heart, Dick Reid :laugh:

Harry Reid, Harry Reems.......same thing. They both try to **** people! :chargrined:

I lived in Nevada for over nine years and Reid is a worthless piece of shit. Dude needs retired, retrained, something. After a possum smack across his stupid face first.

Harry Reid needs to be run through a wood chipper. And then that wood chipper needs to be blown up. Then all the pieces need to be put into a capsule and launched into outer space. With apologies to the universe, recorded in every form of communication known, written on the sides.

Expensive, but well worth it.

World To Harry Reid: Drop Dead Already.

I'd rather crank a rusty corckscrew into my ears and soothe the wounds with rubbing alcohol, than ever hear him speak again. I'd rather saw the cap of my skull off with floss and perform a self lobotomy with chopsticks, than ever attempt to process the crazy shit he comes up with ever again. I'd rather pull my eyes out of socket with a dirty shrimp fork, eat them, throw them up, and put them back in place, than ever have to see his shriveled head again.

Harry Reid is the two girls one cup of politicians - he's completely full of shit, and has no problem eating it when he has to.

My birthday passed in December, but if any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Harry Reid, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy loose skin slumber over there in Nevada with all the other idiots and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Yes, it's worth channeling Chevy Chase :laugh:

Last edited:
WT: Harry Reid to NFL, Dan Snyder: Change Washington Redskins name

Mike Greenberg taking a break from talking incessantly about the Jets to jump on the Redskins hate bandwagon this morning on ESPN. He said emphatically that 'Redskins' is a racist slur. I'd love to ask him, if it's really a racial epithet why does he repeat it on national radio 1000 times a year? I can't stand that little twerp.

I heard them talking about it on Mike and Mike this morning. And while Greenberg did say he was of the opinion that 'Redskins' is a slur, he also said he doesn't see any parallels between the Redskins issue and the NBA's problems with Sterling because the NFL is not taking a huge financial hit for keeping the name Redskins as it is, whereas the NBA is facing a huge PR disaster from the Sterling situation. He said that from a purely financial standpoint (which, let's face it, is all that really matters to owners) its an apples to oranges comparison and he doubts this will create any additional pressure on the NFL or the Redskins. I tend to agree with him on that.

Droopy Reid can kiss my "Harry," olive-complected ass.

Nick

WT: Harry Reid to NFL, Dan Snyder: Change Washington Redskins name

The issue I had with Greenberg's comments was his emphatic declaration that 'Redskins' is a racist and offensive term and that 'cannot be argued' (that is an exact or near exact quote).

All the while continuing to use the term himself on a national radio program.

The issue I had with Greenberg's comments was his emphatic declaration that 'Redskins' is a racist and offensive term and that 'cannot be argued' (that is an exact or near exact quote).

All the while continuing to use the term himself on a national radio program.

And this is why I've given up on the conversation. The people on the other side aren't interested in discussion - they've made up their mind and it's their way or it's the 'wrong' way.

Which is why when this conversation came up with my buddy and his girlfriend when I was on vacation, both of whom think the name should be changed immediately, I responded by saying "Good, I'm glad its racist and it offends you."

Caught them off guard and ended the conversation :)

I limit my online debates of this topic to very rare occasions but anytime I'm face to face with someone and they make this lame assertion I make it a point to go after it like a rabid dog. Sorry but the only way to combat that IMO is with an emphatic, factual response that sets the record straight. If they want proof I have links ready to recite. Only way to battle this crap is head on, you CAN make a difference with people you know if you do it in a sane and factual way, but don't let it go until it's settled. The one that pretty much ends it EVERY time for me is asking "If it's so racist then why is it top 3 among names Indian teams name themselves and why are there Reservations schools with Redskins as their self appointed mascot?" The first response is to scoff but as soon as you show them The Navajo Red Mesa High School site the debate ends (smart phones kick ass btw).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.