• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins offensive line

Poker

Joe Bugel said this Redskins offensive line is the deepest he's ever had since he returned to Washington with Joe Gibbs in 2004.

Who's starting at RT?

The coaching consensus is that Stephon Heyer will start at RT. He has pass blocking skills that Jon Jansen didn't have, he just has to improve as a run blocker.

Not quite ready to go public with the assertion yet, but I keep thinking the OL story of the year may well turn out to be Mike Williams. If he hits training camp still losing weight and with his head on straight, something tells me he wins the job by a landslide and changes the whole offensive dynamic.

Whether or not he could sustain that over an entire season, of course, would then become the key question.

Not quite ready to go public with the assertion yet, but I keep thinking the OL story of the year may well turn out to be Mike Williams. If he hits training camp still losing weight and with his head on straight, something tells me he wins the job by a landslide and changes the whole offensive dynamic.

Whether or not he could sustain that over an entire season, of course, would then become the key question.

Om, your trusty friends at hogshaven.com have this nifty chart tracking Mike Williams weight loss, both current and projected. And you know how much I like graphs, charts, and neat stat toys.:) Click the thumbnail for a full-sized version.

Last edited:
i hope you're right about mike williams, but i think it's just too much weight to lose and expect him to perform at the high intensity level of the nfl. i actually fear for his health not knowing for sure what he's doing behind the scenes to get his weight down.

and unless heyer has vastly improved in the weight room, i doubt there is any upside potential left in him.

now i hope they go out and prove me dead wrong!

General question ... is anyone having trouble opening/viewing the attachment in serv's post above?

No problems for me, boss.

Thanks, beamish. Not supposed to happen---looking into it.

Opens for me, but hell, I'm an owner :) It better open...

Yeah Boone, if you have a permissions issue we are all in trouble. :paranoid:

I'm getting the same problem as Beamish-a permission denied window when I try to open the full-size chart image. I hope my jumping the gun on posting stuff wasn't the cause of the apparent glitch-if it was I'm sorry.

To Neophyte-Love your SQL Query signature-cracked me up when I saw it!:laugh2:

Thanks Serv. Been sporting that sig at a couple of different sites for about 5 years now and you are only like the 6th person to get it but I like it.

I'm ready for public assertion - THE story on the OL and maybe the entire Offense will be Randy Thomas' health. I love the guy, but I don't think he'll make it through the season. If that's true, hopefully the 'good news' will be that Reichart (sp?) surprises everybody and sits himself at RG for the next 10 years!

General question ... is anyone having trouble opening/viewing the attachment in serv's post above?

Yup. I didn't bother reading the text in the box. Figured it for growing pains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.