• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Portis still feeling effects of concussion

Hate to see anybody sustain an injury, but I won't be sad to see Portis gone from the Skins.

I think players who sustain concussions should be held out a minimal of two weeks anyway.....

As for Portis, he's 28 but an old 28 in football terms.
Being a small RB, playing in a Gibbs power game (with a questionable O-line for the last 2 seasons or more) most of his career, taking almost all of the carries takes a toll.

Add that Portis isn't one for practice and doesn't keep himself in peak physical condition in offseason/camp hasn't helped.

I still like CP and I think the Skins lose one of their better blockers right now, but for the future of the franchise it will be probably for the best if the Skins move on in 2010.

Portis is so close to being the Redskins all-time rushing leader, it is almost sad to see him go now.

But Deadman is right. He's lost more than a step, and it would be better for the team if he was not on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.