• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft Grade

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WASHINGTON: No one was quite sure whether DE Brian Orakpo, whom the Redskins selected with the 13th pick at the 2009 draft, would be able to translate his collegiate pass rush skills to the pros, however, the former Texas All-American has been able to answer that question in spades as he has posted 5.5 sacks, the most of any first-year player in the league to date, after a bit of a slow start. For good measure, Orakpo has also done a decent job against the run racking up 26 total tackles. However, Orakpo is the only Redskins' rookie to play much so far this season, although WR Marko Mitchell and DE Jeremy Jarmon could see more minutes over the second half of the campaign. Mitchell, a 7th rounder this past April, for example, was inactive the first seven games of the year, but may be given every chance to do what 2008 second round WRs Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas have so far failed miserably to do and that's catch some passes, while Jarmon, whom the Redskins' forfeited their 3rd round pick this coming April to acquire in this summer's supplemental draft, has 7 tackles and a forced fumble in limited minutes this fall. Mid-season grade: B
http://www.gbnreport.com/2010projection.html

CLICK LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE

They are way too kind.

1st- In my opinion Jeremy Jarmon counts towards 2010 and not 2009 since it was a 2010 draft pick used. I'd give our 2010 class a B so far b/c Jarmon wasn't supposed to be on the field much this season, yet he has played pretty well.

2nd- Cody Glenn was cut. Robert Henson, Kevin Barnes and I believe Eddie Williams have yet to be active in a game. Henson and Williams are understandable based on being 6th and 7th round selections. Barnes is a friggin' 3rd rounder. He should at least be playing teams.....and no way should Byron Westbrook be starting over a 3rd round pick who isn't injured.

3rd- 2nd round pick for 1 year of Jason Taylor. Oh how we could have used that second round pick this season. Major Fail!!!

4th- the successes: Orakpo has 5.5 sacks playing OUT of position. Marko Mitchell has 2 catches for 22 yards in 1 game. So far, his rookie season looks better than the rookie years of Kelly, Thomas and Davis.

My Grade: C-/D+
While Orakpo is a clear Boom and Mitchell is taking advantage of any snaps he gets, the Skins are still reeling from the loss of a 2nd rounder. Also the lack of playing time by Barnes is a serious concern on the players skills and value. The rest of the players have been non-factors.

The good news is that the 2010 draft looks better than the 2009 draft.

Wait, who is Kevin Barnes? We drafted someone of that name? In the third round, you say?

No. I don't believe it.

You'd figure I would have heard some mention of that person, if such a thing were true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.