• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Desean Jackson in Burgundy and Gold?

Should the Redskins Sign WR Desean Jackson?

• Yes - the Redskins badly need a starter opposite Garcon!

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes - but only if the contract strongly favors the Redskins.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No - he's not the kind of player this team needs.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I would prefer not, but will take a wait-and-see attitude and hope Gruden can 'coach him up'.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DC media saying DJax had a flight scheduled out of DC tonight, but didn't take it. Staying overnight.

Done with my workout. Thanks for updating this thread.

Watching the CSN report was kind of funny. They had minute break downs for how long Jackson spent doing everything.

Ryan Clark is a cool cat. He spent most of the day calling Redskins fans who posted their phone # on Twitter. Says he's calling 100 more tomorrow. I asked him if he could send me a pizza instead of calling. No response yet.

DC media saying DJax had a flight scheduled out of DC tonight, but didn't take it. Staying overnight.

Let's just say that if this all points to the fact that Jackson signs with Washington, given his history as a rival and supposed character, he will have the shortest of short leashes for me as a fan personally.

#Breaking Its official. DeSean Jackson is a Redskin.

@nbcdianna

Shefter confirms. Wow.

Report: DeSean Jackson agrees to terms with Redskins | ProFootballTalk

One visit was enough for DeSean Jackson to determine where he wanted to play next season.

According to Dianna Russini of NBC News 4 in Washington, Jackson has agreed to terms on a deal with the Washington Redskins.

Jackson was scheduled to leave the D.C. area on Tuesday evening. Instead, he chose to stick around another night; a sign talks could be progressing toward a deal between the two sides.

Now that deal is apparently done.

Jackson was released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday and is coming off the best season of his career. Jackson caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with the Eagles last season.

Jackson’s addition would bring an explosive element that the Washington receiving corps has been lacking. Jackson will join Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss and fellow free agent signee Andre Roberts as receiving options for Robert Griffin III.

And I thought I could go to sleep.

Holy hell we signed him...

At least he didn't kill dogs...

Looks like we won that fight from earlier ha ha @AndreRoberts @PierreGarcon & others have a new member of the family pic.twitter.com/mDcbL4BKlt

RG3

Report: DeSean Jackson agrees to terms with Redskins | ProFootballTalk

One visit was enough for DeSean Jackson to determine where he wanted to play next season.

According to Dianna Russini of NBC News 4 in Washington, Jackson has agreed to terms on a deal with the Washington Redskins.

Jackson was scheduled to leave the D.C. area on Tuesday evening. Instead, he chose to stick around another night; a sign talks could be progressing toward a deal between the two sides.

Now that deal is apparently done.

Jackson was released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday and is coming off the best season of his career. Jackson caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with the Eagles last season.

Jackson’s addition would bring an explosive element that the Washington receiving corps has been lacking. Jackson will join Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss and fellow free agent signee Andre Roberts as receiving options for Robert Griffin III.

So it looks like Hot Dianna broke one. Will be interesting to see the size of this contract. I've a feeling it's gonna be a big 'un.

Last edited:
Knew I should've waited a few days before posting that mock early Monday morning.:biggrin2:

The #49ers made a late push for DeSean Jackson. But the #Redskins closed it out and got their guy. Deal is agreed to.

--Ian Rapoport

Suck it, San Fran!

--McD

this could be an explosive offense. RG will have to play point guard, making sure to keep his guys happy/fed. But, damn, the speed at WR.

--John Keim

I don't see Jackson as a #2 receiver :)

A three time pro bowler who last season averaged over 16 yards in 80 plus catches for 1,332 yards?

By some people's standards here anyone other than Jerry Rice isn't a #1 receiver :laugh:

I shudder to think what we paid. I'm going to bet it will exceed anyone's worst predictions.

I don't see Jackson as a #2 receiver :)

A three time pro bowler who last season averaged over 16 yards in 80 plus catches for 1,332 yards?

By some people's standards here anyone other than Jerry Rice isn't a #1 receiver :laugh:

Well, you are putting up by far his best numbers ever. Regardless, he is scary talented

Per my guy @MarkMaske, the deal being agreed upon is a three-year deal. #redskins

Boone, I'm guessing 3 years, $24 million guaranteed.

Maybe we're going to put our 'Oceans 11' plan for the Mara vault into effect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.