• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Desean Jackson in Burgundy and Gold?

Should the Redskins Sign WR Desean Jackson?

• Yes - the Redskins badly need a starter opposite Garcon!

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes - but only if the contract strongly favors the Redskins.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No - he's not the kind of player this team needs.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I would prefer not, but will take a wait-and-see attitude and hope Gruden can 'coach him up'.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of the above?

Yes, if the contractual terms are strongly on our side.

I don't care if he came here under a volunteer, incentives only contract. I've never liked the guy, and he's not as good as he (or others apparently) seem to think he is. He's got the numbers of an above average TE, or mediocre #2 receiver, but he's got himself convinced he's a top flight receiver. His production mirrors the production of Cris Collinsworth, and I'd bet money you can't find anyone outside of Cincy who thinks Collinsworth was a great receiver.

When I first heard this I said no way, but now I think we should. We all know that our Oline is not going to be perfect this year, how much would it help to have another weapon that will help take the pressure off of them?

I think the gang stuff is just an excuse for philthy to cut him loose, a lot is being made of it but I am not buying it. I could be completely off on that one, who knows. That being said the contract needs to be right, as of now he is damaged goods, so it kinda needs to be an contract with not a lot of guaranteed money in case he is a head case and needs to be cut.

You would think he would want to play here, so he can sticking to philthy, and be on a young team that can make a run.

HELL FREAKING NO!!!

His lifestyle fits better with Oakland and its fans anyway.

How about NO Scotty!!

It's odd, in years past this woulda sounded like a good idea but I believe the team can do without the drama.

Oh and how cool would it be to have a midget butler. Having it so good you could afford his main job would be a plane spotter!

Mediocre #2?

9th in the NFL in yards, 9th in ypc, 2nd in 20+ receptions last season.

I think it's time we get some expert opinions about the Jackson release and stop screwing around with rumors...

D. Hall said that he would take Jackson under his wing if he came to the Skins.

Whew, I feel better now!

I don't care if he came here under a volunteer, incentives only contract. I've never liked the guy, and he's not as good as he (or others apparently) seem to think he is. He's got the numbers of an above average TE, or mediocre #2 receiver, but he's got himself convinced he's a top flight receiver. His production mirrors the production of Cris Collinsworth, and I'd bet money you can't find anyone outside of Cincy who thinks Collinsworth was a great receiver.

Actually, his production, and his style of play, mirrors that of Santana Moss. He's a small burner who makes big catches. Not a guy I'd hire to be a #1 WR but he'd make an excellent #2 WR. If his head's on straight.

The question is, is he the type of guy who we could rely on to ... not be a self-destructive ass. I wouldn't say his ability straight-up as a player is much of a question mark at this point.

I personally don't have a problem with flying the guy in for a visit. It's called doing your due diligence.

However, I'd be extremely excited if he walked away without a contract.

That would truly show the shift in organizational thinking and philosophy that I hope Gruden brings.

If we can't resist the temptation to stay away from the flashy names when it makes logical sense to do so, then I have little reason to think that things will change results wise.

Ultimately, I want the circus to leave town as a fan and concentrate simply on learning how to win. No need to complicate the matter.

Mediocre #2?

9th in the NFL in yards, 9th in ypc, 2nd in 20+ receptions last season.
Wow, I guess it's a good thing last year was the only year he play.......oh, wait.

Now, out of fairness, why don't we look at his career averages without his abnormal career year included?

55 Rec (which would have been good enough for 59th last season - behind 19 guys who aren't even receivers)
957 Yds (which would have put him at 26th last season)
4.6 Tds (good enough to be 57th last year)

Yep, still not seeing anything special. Not to mention, is there a measure anywhere for his ungodly amount of dropped balls and gator arms? You know, the ones that coincidentally happen in the red zone where you need a solid guy the most? He gets a lot of huge plays in garbage time when the defense doesn't care anymore. Notice his low TD totals? There's a reason for that.

Jimmy Graham is a TE, and caught half as many TD passes last year alone than Douchean has his entire career.

Last edited:
In his 6 seasons, he's made nearly 60 catches or more 4 of those 6. Both years he fell short, he was out for a stretch. Over that 6 year stretch he has averaged 17+ yards/reception. And he has 32 career TD receptions. He's averaged 50-80 hards receiving/game for 6 straight seasons. Setting aside his possible character issues, he has probably been one of the most consistent NFL WRs out there. Pretty amazing for a guy who's 5'9" 175 lbs soaking wet and on his tippy-toes.

There are a lot of good reasons to pass on this guy, but lack of talent isn't one of them.

Nice edit Nobody :)

Firstly, the league has gone absolutely pass happy the past 2-3 years (as evidenced by nearly every passing record being eclipsed during that timeframe). Secondly, look at who's been throwing the ball to Jackson in Philly over that 6 year career and keep that in mind as well. Finally, Jackson's stats compare favorably with Santana Moss career stats - does he suck too?

I can't agree that Jackson lacks talent and/or is overrated. He's a damn good receiver. I don't want him in DC. But it's not because he's not a very talented WR.

I can't get this play out of my head with him. It has always stuck with me about his decision making ability:

Nice edit Nobody :)

Firstly, the league has gone absolutely pass happy the past 2-3 years (as evidenced by nearly every passing record being eclipsed during that timeframe). Secondly, look at who's been throwing the ball to Jackson in Philly over that 6 year career and keep that in mind as well. Finally, Jackson's stats compare favorably with Santana Moss career stats - does he suck too?

I can't agree that Jackson lacks talent and/or is overrated. He's a damn good receiver. I don't want him in DC. But it's not because he's not a very talented WR.
People keep throwing in Santana's name, even though it has no bearing on Jackson. But, to address it, I don't think Santana sucks. I also never said Jackson sucks. Santana isn't a #1 receiver, I don't know anyone who ever thought he was. He was more like a fast #2 with smarts, who was forced into a #1 role for years. He consistently overplayed his abilities with his speed and brains, and there's nothing wrong with that. His numbers have done nothing but prove he was never really a #1 guy. The difference is, he knows this. Jackson doesn't. Jackson thinks he's an elite receiver, and his ego will make him ask for #1 money, or loads of guaranteed money. He just doesn't have the talent or brains for what we will probably **** up and give him if he comes here.

Jackson having average numbers in a pass happy league only further solidifies my views on him. That, and he's a massive asshat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.