• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Our BGO Classic Redskins Photo Banner

I don't think so - and that's a great one

I remember seeing it on FB before and never knew if it was or not! If not that is one hail of a picture!

That is such an epic picture

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Keep em coming guys/gals and thanks in advance

It was great to be growing up with this! That is the Redskins from my childhood/ early teen years...

art monk.jpg

I've been seeing that pic for a couple of years now and it's genuine from what I can tell. Having some things made from that same material I don't think it's doctored E, just really vibrant material, it almost glows.

FOx ran an article on it yesterday...

Special meaning behind the photo in this shot of DeSean Jackson | FOX Sports on MSN

The photo was taken in 2012 by a 22-year-old corporal named Reece Lodder. Here's more info on it, via the Marines:

Lodder shot this photo following a squad patrol to clear houses of insurgent activity as part of Operation Tageer Shamal in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. After five hours, the squad stopped to rest in an abandoned compound. All of the Marines and Afghan soldiers were exhausted, as were the IED detection dogs, so this trio decided to catch a quick nap. Even though he was tired, Lodder grabbed his camera and captured the moment. "I liked that the Redskins blanket was in the photo because it was an unusual slice of reality back home in the midst of a long operation and a drab desert. I think our fans like this photo because it'€™s an unusual, interesting image that visually, physically and emotionally gets to the core of what the Marines and the dog were feeling at this moment in time. It helps them feel, even if only in a small way, what we felt."

Keep the prospective banner images coming...remember that wider panoramic photos work better in our banner - I wish we had a landscape version of Elephant's son on the field for example. By the time we shrink portrait images down to fit the required height, portrait images are usually just too small.

Keep 'em coming! :cheers:

Any of you web hounds out there, we continue to look for really rare/cool vintage Redskins photos for our image banner. Please help us out even if you just stumble upon a cool photo by posting it here. We love great modern images too, but want the image banner to represent special Redskins moments and history, not just be a collection of current skins photos.

Help us out here people! :) :cheers:

I don't think we have the 2nd one....

I don't think we have the 2nd one....

Ah young weedhopper, sometimes what once seemed not to be there may still not be there, yet is actually almost there... :betterwink2:

Last edited:
Have to check the master file on the second one. The uni's are in the rotation. If you're ever a bit brain dead, sit and watch the banner for about a half hour. Lots of cool stuff.

I'm always a bit brain dead...

Is there a gallery on the banner photo's? I could browse through those prior to uploading anything that I have.

Grab this pebble from my hand Pete...

John - we don't have a public gallery of the banner library. Feel free to upload anything in this thread that might have potential...

I'm always a bit brain dead...

Is there a gallery on the banner photo's? I could browse through those prior to uploading anything that I have.

Like Boone said, just up load them.... and thanks for that pic.

Now I have to go loosen up my hand, I have a pebble to snatch :)

We continue to add classic photos to our BGO Photo Banner. I hope you all notice them, and appreciate one of our most unique features here at BGO. We would welcome help in locating classic Redskins images wherever you might find them. Please post them up in this thread. It's one way you can contribute in a lasting way to your favorite Redskins community :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.