• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Make Roster Moves

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 4, 2014

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves.

The Redskins waived the following players:
RB Jawan Jamison
RB Davin Meggett

The Redskins terminated the following vested veterans:
DE Adam Carriker
TE Richard Quinn
P Sav Rocca

Oh wow... I would have thought they would have at least given Carriker a chance to keep his job.

Wow. Guess the reports from the doctors weren't very good?

Read where Carriker had the 5th highest cap number. Guess the numbers made him expendable. Sounds like getting ready to do a deal with Orakpo and have room for FA.

I hate to see him go as well. Carriker was a good guy.

Read where Carriker had the 5th highest cap number. Guess the numbers made him expendable. Sounds like getting ready to do a deal with Orakpo and have room for FA.

I hate to see him go as well. Carriker was a good guy.

maybe he'll re-sign at a lower number ?
because this guy sure as hell WANTS to be here, for one thing

John Keim ‏@john_keim 2m
Team source says the #Redskins won't re-sign Adam carriker at a lower price

Maybe that doctor's report really was bad :\
I liked Carriker as a person, seemed like a cool dude. Crappy way to go out :\

I put likes on the positive Carriker posts, but I have a feeling that his playing career is over.

Carriker basically hasn't played since 2011. I'm not surprised.

When he was healthy he was good. I wish him nothing but the best.

Anyone know how much cap room this saves us?

Carriker basically hasn't played since 2011. I'm not surprised.

When he was healthy he was good. I wish him nothing but the best.

Anyone know how much cap room this saves us?

$3.2 mil.

We can't afford to be sentimental about players who can't stay on the field, no matter how much we like them.

Reports are that Adam failed his physical.

well, someone is a heartless bastard! you kick any puppies today, doo doo head?!!

I agree to a point and I am not getting all mushy. But I did like his style of play and the man he was. So while I am bummed for both, I definitely get that it is a business.

Yeah I'm more bummed about how he's leaving more than that he's leaving.

and now we dont currently have a punter on our roster ?
hope someone is at least on the radar
I think I read somewhere that cutting Rocca would save a cool million in cap space.

I'd of been willing to cut him with no relief at all.

Punting is an important aspect of the game, but right now, punter is not a worry of mine.

Yes, with the two bigger names, we gained $4.5 mil in cap space.

Chris Russell says his information is opposite of what Keim posted. Everyone Russell has talked to has said everything is on the table with Carriker, and that there are more players that may be signed back for cheaper (more cuts soon?)

He also said Carriker was completely blind sided by the move. He knew something needed to be done because of his health and cap number, but that he didn't expect to be outright released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.