• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Home Improvement Thread

Amateurs........put about a half cup of water in it. Somewhere around the edge, there will be room for the water to seep underneath it. When the water seeps underneath it, stick it in the freezer. Two things will happen.......the plate, because I'm assuming it is ceramic, will contract. Also, the water will freeze and expand, pushing the plate out of place. You're welcome :)

Thanks N
So once it's frozen, does it simply pop out, as soon as I pull it out of the freezer, or is there one last technique applied, that pries it loose ?

metal expands when hot and contracts when cold, i don't think freezing the whole thing is going to help you get the plate out of the pot, i would think the boiling water would help you more. let us know which one works!

sorry fear, but that's just way too funny not to laugh.

It's totally crazy the way this plate happened to be the exact fit, for the inside of the pot.
It's in there so tight, that I cannot even fit a flat butter knife between the sides to even attempt to pry it out - and that's whether it's heated up, or frozen, or has K-Y Lube in there, or anything.

Put the pot face down on a pillow, and give it a couple solid whacks. Put a towel on the pillow to keep it from getting ky all over it if you'd like. Brute force, my man. :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

It's totally crazy the way this plate happened to be the exact fit, for the inside of the pot.
It's in there so tight, that I cannot even fit a flat butter knife between the sides to even attempt to pry it out - and that's whether it's heated up, or frozen, or has K-Y Lube in there, or anything.

What all have you tried, and is it still stuck??? We have to know

What all have you tried, and is it still stuck??? We have to know

I basically tried everyone's suggestions, and it wouldn't budge. It literally could not have fit into there any more snug than it was.
So I took a hammer and shattered the plate to pieces, since the pot is worth much more than the plate.

home depot is selling scotts earthgro mulch for 2$ a bag if you order online and pick up in store

well...no shit.

thats a good thing to know. thank you!

How is your kitchen remodel going Travis? Haven't seen any pictures of it lately

Stalled out. Tiles down, cabinets and counters are in. First coat on the ceiling Trim is in everywhere but the door - i cut a piece too short like a dummy and need a new one :)

Waiting on a cabinet replacement for one that broke... as awesome as Cabinets to go was at quickly processing it with no questioned, we're going on 7 weeks and i still have no cabinet. It's supposed to be here in another week and a half...

so we're kind of stalled out. can't do backsplash (we could... but i'd prefer to have all the cabinets in place so there's no gaps on accident), so haven't painted the walls yet.

I'd say all in all we're a good 75% through. It's finishing work at this point. We've been back to using the kitchen and we love it so far. We put in a monster 6 foot island. I feel like a king standing at it drinking my beer.

Multiple times I've thought about posting pictures, but no, I want to wait until it's done...

Dear birds that have pulled the facia board off my house and nested in my attic,

I will acquire my father in laws high powered pellet gun later today.

Enjoy tonight's sleep. It will be your last. You jerks.

Stalled out. Tiles down, cabinets and counters are in. First coat on the ceiling Trim is in everywhere but the door - i cut a piece too short like a dummy and need a new one :)

Waiting on a cabinet replacement for one that broke... as awesome as Cabinets to go was at quickly processing it with no questioned, we're going on 7 weeks and i still have no cabinet. It's supposed to be here in another week and a half...

so we're kind of stalled out. can't do backsplash (we could... but i'd prefer to have all the cabinets in place so there's no gaps on accident), so haven't painted the walls yet.

I'd say all in all we're a good 75% through. It's finishing work at this point. We've been back to using the kitchen and we love it so far. We put in a monster 6 foot island. I feel like a king standing at it drinking my beer.

Multiple times I've thought about posting pictures, but no, I want to wait until it's done...

You should post pics as you progress! It is awesome to see it as it is going.

View attachment 1400

Someone gave me this really cool bench that has an opening seat with it. But his mom painted it so I'm stripping it down and staining it.

Leaving it dirty in the corners to add a distressed look

Anybody know well these things work for reducing humidity and mold in a home ?
It's kind of like a poor-mans Dehumidifier. So I would obviously have less expectations than a dehumidifier.
But how effective are they ?

51YR8Lt0cCL.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.