• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Congratulations UVA Men's Basketball Team!

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
They just won their first outright conference title in 33 years!

That's a long time. I'm happy for our alumni here, and happy for the entire region.

Great job, Cavs!

They also just broke the record for consecutive ACC wins (13 in a row with a chance to add another against Maryland in the season finale). Watch out - this is a dangerous, determined team that no one is going to want to play in the NCAAs.

Be honest, would you rather get a loss out of the way before the tournament so it isn't weighing on their minds? I've been in that position, and the stress is a bitch even though the win streak is fun.

On a side note, if they lose to Maryland, North Carolina has a shot at tying their record ACC winning streak ;)

oh yeah :cough: congratulations on the win today, maybe they aren't as overrated as I once thought.

Edit: I just got to thinking that I swore a team had finished undefeated in the ACC before. So I checked. In fact, Duke and UNC have both finished 14-0 in the ACC before. So the best you can hope for is a tie of the record, not sure who told you they broke the record, but they misinformed you :)

Last edited:
I'll be pulling for them to go all the way.

Last edited:
UVA vs. Wichita State perhaps?

And is anyone interested in doing brackets?

I've been saying this all season. The next game is the only focus for my Hoos. Get by Maryland next Sunday night to close the regular season and then we can focus on the first game of the ACC tourney. One at a time.

This is special though. My daughter was at the game and she called a short time ago - nice conversation. It sure is wonderful to be a part of the UVA family today and we've waited thirty-three years for this moment to come. Jess was a precious one year old at the time and now she has a championship as an alum too. Wow.

Thanks for the congrats to us alums and fans. :)

Last edited:
Chirp at ESPN then Nobody... And you know what man, you don't eat crow very well.

Cherish this time folks. As a Heat fan and an FSU fan I've been very fortunate the past few years. I've been careful to fully understand how rare and special these times are.

Congrats, UVA! Awesome job!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I live twenty minutes from campus over the mountains, and MY community was going nuts yesterday. Congrats to Boone and BB especially, who have put up with a lot of crap from people (me, especially) over the years. Enjoy the ride, gentlemen, your team is playing GREAT right now.

Thanks guys...I hope they can keep it going. I'm hoping for a UVa - Duke ACC final game so they can avenge the only loss they've had to an ACC team this year.

Thanks guys...I hope they can keep it going. I'm hoping for a UVa - Duke ACC final game so they can avenge the only loss they've had to an ACC team this year.
I'm hoping for UVA-UNC so I can either talk a lot of smack, or ride off loudly and grumpily into the sunset :laugh:

Congrats though, seriously. I know I've given you a lot of crap about your guys, but they shut me and millions of other people up yesterday. Syracuse isn't a pushover, and Virginia made them their bitches. It was shocking. I think their confidence surpassed their skill, and that's not a bad thing, a little bit of confidence can go a long way, and they have a ton of it right now. I know I wouldn't want to play them in the NCAA tournament, and I don't think there are many teams that do. But I'll still be picking them to fall short of the sweet 16 because I'm a dick like that :laugh:

I guess being from Virginia, I haven't adjusted to them not sucking.

Kudos Boone and BB! Like Chris said, these are moments that make an alum proud!

UVA coach, players, and history getting lots of love from Sheehan today on the radio. :)

WOW!

Something happened today that has never occurred in ACC history - The Virginia Cavaliers captured the ACC Tournament Championship and that is on top of the regular season crown. That is a first for Virginia. They've won the tourney and regular season in the past, but never captured both in the same season.

This is just so special. Very, very special. Speechless beyond that thought. :)

They're hot, and they just spanked Duke by a pretty big margin.

Very impressive run, incredible really. The pastor brought it up in his sermon this morning, big news round these parts.

Congrats t Boone and BB!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.