• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Re-Sign DL Chris Baker

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
February 27, 2014

REDSKINS RE-SIGN DL CHRIS BAKER

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed defensive lineman Chris Baker. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Since joining the Redskins in 2011, Baker (6-2, 333) has appeared in 29 regular season games with three starts. Last season, he appeared in 15 games with three starts, compiling 46 tackles according coaches’ film (26 solo) and his first career sack in Week 7 against the Chicago Bears.

Baker, 26, was originally signed by the Denver Broncos as a college free agent on April 27, 2009. For his career, he has appeared in 31 games with three starts, compiling 43 career tackles (according to STATS, LLC), eight tackles for loss, two passes defensed and one sack.

Baker played collegiately at Penn State from 2006-07, before transferring to Hampton in 2008. He was born on Oct. 8, 1987, and attended Windsor (Conn.) H.S.

I like Baker. He brings a little respectability to the #92. He may be the largest Redskin player we have. I would like to see him play more.

He's also needed, being able to play multiple D-Line postions... especially with Carriker probably being gone and we don't know if Bowen is totally healthy.

Nick

I am still intrigued with Cooley's idea of putting Baker at NT and moving Cofield out to DE.

I'd like to see him in the middle more, so we could get Barry out on the end. Where I think he'd be more disruptive.

Chris Baker ‏@cbaker92redskin 3h
So happy that I'm still a #Redskin GOD IS GOOD #swaggytime #Swaggyback #HTTR #BLESSED

I like this signing, keeping guys who WANT to be here and he's a big dude, his toilet paper expense must be absurd

I am still intrigued with Cooley's idea of putting Baker at NT and moving Cofield out to DE.

I'd like to see him in the middle more, so we could get Barry out on the end. Where I think he'd be more disruptive.

I've had this same idea as well. Not sure if I posted here, but yeah. It seems like a no brainer.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I've had this same idea as well. Not sure if I posted here, but yeah. It seems like a no brainer.
Well then, that settles it.

You, BT, and myself, are now the new Redskins front office personnel.

To avoid conflict, and to be fair, chain of command will go in alphabetical order. :)
Ax
Bulldog's Twin
Lanky Livingston

Washington Redskins free-agent scorecard - ESPN

Redskins free-agent scorecard
By John Keim

DL Chris Baker
Signed a three-year, $12-million deal with $4 million guaranteed. That sounds like starter-type money (albeit not a high level one), but it’s certainly not guaranteed starter money. He has $1 million in incentives that are not likely to be earned -- based on play time, sack totals and Pro Bowl appearances -- each of the three years and his cap number is only $2 million this year and tops out at $4 million in the final year of the contract. The deal averages $3 million per season. It allows the Redskins to keep a young, improving lineman who can help them at multiple spots: end, nose tackle and nickel rusher. Even if he doesn’t start he will play a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.