• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Time for some kudos

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Ok, I know there's negative comments flying every-which-a-way, some of mine, I admit.

But, now I'm going to pass some pure unadulterated kudos out.

To one player-arguably the most consistent offensive weapon the Skins have had so far this season.

Shaun Suisham.

I know this could be a springboard into all the uncomfortable reasons why Shaun has been our most consistent scoring threat-but I just want to extend a genuine "way-to-step-up" to him. Not once has he failed to deliver when asked. 10 for 10 on field goal attempts.

100%. Only four other field goal kickers in the league are converting at 100%.

Billy Cundit-Browns 6 for 6

Phil Dawson-Browns 4 for 4

Sebastian Janikowski-Raiders 12 for 12

Matt Stover-Colts 6 for 6

Suisham literally won the Rams game with his foot. and his lone FG against Tampa Bay was the win margin.

One blocked PAT keeps him from being perfect there.

But, Shaun-every time the Skins have asked you for 3 points you've delivered.

Thanks.:)

Good point. A lot of people were screaming for his head. It tends to be a good idea to try to stick with a kicker for a few years and have some patience if they have shown something. We can see that right off with David Akers. IF he can keep this up and prove he is a guy we can rely on, we can have one of the most important positions locked up for awhile. *crosses fingers*

He really has been the only bright spot.

How about Reed Doughty? Or, with the exception of a couple bad angles(which I'll forgive based on his total tackle count), London Fletcher?

Beyond those guys though... :kick_can:

How about Reed Doughty? Or, with the exception of a couple bad angles(which I'll forgive based on his total tackle count), London Fletcher?

Beyond those guys though... :kick_can:

I think he was thinking more along the lines of the offensive side.

I thought about the offense, came up blank. Surprise surprise..

And yes, Reed did indeed line up offsides at a critical juncture. Overall however, his play has been fairly impressive, especially against the run. Considering the fact that the guy was looking at a possible career ending injury last year, he's played consistently well.

didnt Reed line up completely offsides so bad that even the commentator was saying it on that 4th down when they were going to have to punt the ball?

I was yelling for Shaun's head a year ago and here he is now Mr Dependable.

good to see...and GREAT thread Serv!!

Yeah that was pretty unbelievable... That just goes to show how unfocused these guys are... And I am a Doughty fan as he is one of the only guys that has been playing hard at least.

It was bad enough that he lined up that badly, but why didnt someone say something to him as well? :tantrum:

Orakpo leads all rookies with 5.5 sacks; that's something to be happy about. And its not really his fault he's asked to cover TEs, so when he gets beat by them, you can't get TOO mad about it.

I think he was thinking more along the lines of the offensive side.

Yeah, MP, you're right. Most upside commentary has been for the D, like Doughty, Fletcher, Orakpo, even Big Al, Carter, Jarmon...etc. but very little of positive note for the offense-understandable but, to be honest, somewhat depressing-(there are far worse out there, however, believe it or not).

Anyway it occurred to me that I hadn't seen Suisham miss a FG attempt and started stat digging, and Lo! and Behold! he's been a shining star in that area. So I thought it might be a bit of a relief to point out something that was going right-something that was helping rather than hurting-and Suisham is doing that.

I was yelling for Shaun's head a year ago and here he is now Mr Dependable.

good to see...and GREAT thread Serv!!

Thanks, Mike-I kinda thought you'd like this one. My pleasure.:)

but very little of positive note for the offense-understandable but, to be honest, somewhat depressing-(there are far worse out there, however, believe it or not).

Actually, we're the 4th worst offense in the league so far serv...only the Rams, Browns, and Raiders are more inept than we are (if we're talking purely points scored).

I agree with those mentioned so far - Suisham, Fletcher, Doughty...maybe Jarmon... gets tough to find silver linings after that.

Actually, we're the 4th worst offense in the league so far serv...only the Rams, Browns, and Raiders are more inept than we are (if we're talking purely points scored).

I agree with those mentioned so far - Suisham, Fletcher, Doughty...maybe Jarmon... gets tough to find silver linings after that.

Boone, I should have phrased the sentence differently-I was actually referring to fan board commentary as being what was depressing, not just here, but on other Skins' sites as well. When I said there were far worse, there are boards for other teams where the current commentary makes this place seem like an oasis of serenity. Denver, Green Bay, Arizona. and the most depressing of all, Oakland.(Like visiting a mausoleum)-but being a Skins fan in need of a lift I went looking and found good ol' Shaun.

There are diamonds hidden in the dung pile-it just sometimes takes some looking to find 'em.
digging.gif

Gotcha :thumbsup:

And we'll leave this thread for positive thoughts. As I said in my blog, there are fans of NFL franchises who've had far less to cheer about over the past decade.

I know he is out of shape and could be better if he'd come to camp with a little more motive to be in top physical condition, but Albert Haynesworth has made the defensive line much better than it has been in years. Andre Carter is having his best year as a Redskins. Damn, they even lined Big Al up as the DE and he was able to get pressue even while double teamed.

The adjustments that were made at halftime that created 2 TD's should be addressed as well. Too bad it fell apart when Landry fell at Turner's feet on the TD that put the game away.

The others mentioned, Orakpo playing so well out of position, Doughty even with that one mistake and if London Fletcher does not make the Pro-Bowl it will be a shame!

I actually think there are a lot of bright, individual spots on this team but there is the problem...it is a team sport isn't it?

Rock Cartwright comes to play every week. This is guy is the definition of "core Redskin" and if every guy on this team put out his kind of effort, this team would win more games than it lost.

Rocky McIntosh is finally playing with the kind of effort and ability he was drafted for. Last I checked he was second on the team in tackles behind only Fletcher and the INT this last week in ATL was a thing of real beauty.

Chris Cooley was on pace for another Pro Bowl year before he got hurt. You have to think that maybe as Lewis got more comfortable with the offense and the players that Cooley's number would have been called more often.

Jarmon is way ahead of schedule and it would not surprise me see him replace Daniels in the starting line up before year end.

Golston is playing out of his mind, even with Big Al on the sidelines.

And mentioned before but worth mentioning again is Haynesworth, Orakpo, Suisham, Fletcher and Doughty.

Amazing how just one or two bad apples on the defense can really screw it up for the whole unit huh? And yes, Hall and Landry, I am thinking of you.

Neo, thanks for reminding me. Rocky McIntosh certainly has been playing good ball as well.

Rocky is having a career year - but why no love for Orakpo?? He's been playing very well IMO.

Under the circumstances Moss is playing pretty well.

Rocky is having a career year - but why no love for Orakpo?? He's been playing very well IMO.

He is on my list. I just didn't say a lot since he had been covered by others further up in the thread.

haynesworth is doing his job..

carter is having a hell of a season too.

Damn, meant to mention Carter too and left him out. Thanks for the reminder.

Under the circumstances Moss is playing pretty well.

I went back and forth on Moss. He is doing a good job most of the time but he has had a few drops that just drive me nuts. He had another one in the game Sunday in Atl that would have been for a big gainer. Not easy catches, mind you, but catches that a guy of Moss's caliber should be making (and I think he would agree with that).

*shrug*

Maybe I expect too much sometimes...

I went back and forth on Moss. He is doing a good job most of the time but he has had a few drops that just drive me nuts. He had another one in the game Sunday in Atl that would have been for a big gainer. Not easy catches, mind you, but catches that a guy of Moss's caliber should be making (and I think he would agree with that).

*shrug*

Maybe I expect too much sometimes...

I guess I never thought of Moss as more than a #2 WR stuck in the #1 spot. He's a deep threat, not a go to guy. Not a hands guy. And considering how atrocious our passing game is, it's nice to see that Moss still comes up with the deep ball once in awhile. He's on pace to catch for 1000 yards and has his highest ypc since 2005 when he went to the pro-bowl.

This team is playing so bad that every mistake is going to be amplified, but overall I think Moss is giving us far more positive plays than negative. The same can't be said for many on that offense.

I guess I never thought of Moss as more than a #2 WR stuck in the #1 spot. He's a deep threat, not a go to guy. Not a hands guy. And considering how atrocious our passing game is, it's nice to see that Moss still comes up with the deep ball once in awhile. He's on pace to catch for 1000 yards and has his highest ypc since 2005 when he went to the pro-bowl.

This team is playing so bad that every mistake is going to be amplified, but overall I think Moss is giving us far more positive plays than negative. The same can't be said for many on that offense.

Not being a "hands" guy does not mean if it hits you in the hands, you're allowed to drop it! Moss is having an awful season, dropping a LOT of catchable balls.

Nice to see Swishy rebound after a crappy year last year. I agree with kudos to Rocky, Fletch, AC, Big Al and Rak.

I'm really hoping to see SOMEONE on the Offense step up. Maybe we can see what Marko Mitchell can do going forward. Would also like to see something from our secondary besides poor angles, missed tackles and playing 10 yards off the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.