• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Offseason Edition, Free Agency 2014

so...grocery shopping can be fun. but does anyone know whether these meats and vegetables fit the recipe?

reports I heard today was that while Incognito came off worse than expected, Martin is near bi-polar and joined Cog and Pouncy n some of the hazing. To be honest, I find the conversation kinda funny in some ways: talking about players who slobber knock the crap out of one another on the field harassing each other off the field. something here doesn't compute. then again, as we move ever closer to metero-sexual, "sensitive" new age men as the expectation...who is surprised?

BBQ will stay free of PA stuff. Feel free to take it over there. I mentioned only because I wanted to let everyone know that Martin could be appearing in FA or trade predictions soon.

I'm sensitive. And I could nail you with a head shot from 1000m 10 times out of 10. It's a beautiful combination.

I'm sensitive. And I could nail you with a head shot from 1000m 10 times out of 10. It's a beautiful combination.

Yeah but, do you wear make up?

This quote is something a guy with a mustache should say!

The Redskins have started the process of extending DeAngelo Hall.

Josh Wilson will not return (as Per Keim).

details Serv!!!

Verner is considered to have had a breakout season in 2013.

His size-5'-10" 187 lbs.

First the standout stats-Passes Defensed.

He led the NFL with 23 passes defensed-measured as passes deflected or directly interfered with by the defender preventing a catch. By comparison, D. Hall had 13, Amerson 10, and Perry Riley 9 for the Redskins.

Interceptions-5, one run back for a TD.

The Titans are in a tight cap situation and are considered unlikely to franchise Verner who had a base salary of $575,000 which bounced up to $1,323,000 based on rookie incentives built into his contract. He was drafted by the Titans from UCLA in the fourth round in 2010.

He's showing up on NFL blog sites as a potential hot FA item due to his 2013 season performances.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Offseason Edition, Free Agency 2014, Part Two

We continue our look at the offseason and the latest developments. The Wells Report has been released and the impact on the league will reverberate throughout the league. With that in mind, Jonathan Martin will be the focal point of some BBQ entries in the coming weeks.

This year, it will be a buyer’s market for wide receivers and the Redskins have plenty of cap space. Watch for particular moves in this direction in the early days of free agency. At the center position, Will Montgomery is due $3.4 million and could be a cap casualty. The Redskins are intrigued by late season addition J.D. Walton and could add another center via free agency or the draft. So far, the Redskins have re-signed Doug Worthington and Aldrick Robinson.

Here are some of the free agents that could be targeted. Obviously, the Redskins can’t sign each player, but having substantial cap room allows for some flexibility. Who do you like in this list and who would you avoid?

OL
Anthony Collins (T), Age: 28,29
Austin Howard (T), Age: 27
Rodger Saffold (T), Age: 26
Jonathan Martin (T), Age: 25 (could be released)
Geoff Schwartz (G), Age: 28
Jon Asamoah (G), Age: 26
Alex Mack (C), Age: 28,29
Evan Dietrich-Smith (C), Age: 28

WR
Julian Edelman, Age: 28
Riley Cooper, Age: 27

TE
Brandon Myers, Age: 28,29
Scott Chandler, Age: 29

DL
Lamarr Houston (DE), Age: 27
Arthur Jones (DE), Age: 28
Linval Joseph (DT), Age: 25,26
Randy Starks (DT, DE), Age: 30

ILB
Donald Butler, Age: 25,26
Brandon Spikes, Age: 27
Vinny Rey (RFA), Age: 27

OLB
Jason Worilds, Age: 26

CB
Vontae Davis, Age: 26
Alterraun Verner, Age: 25, 26
Sam Shields, Age: 26,27
Aqib Talib, Age: 28

S
Jairus Byrd, Age: 27,28
Chris Clemons, Age: 28,29
T.J. Ward, Age: 27,28
Mike Mitchell, Age: 27
Louis Delmas, Age: 27

BBQ would like to see five of these players signed and prefers Anthony Collins, Geoff Schwartz, Alex Mack or T.J. Ward (one will be franchised by the Browns), Lamarr Houson, and Linval Joseph. If released, BBQ would like to see the Redskins put in a waiver claim for Jonathan Martin. Do you agree or disagree? Are there other players that you would like to see on this list?

Trying to decide who should stay and who should go is a difficult task, but BBQ takes a stab at it.

Players To Retain:
Brian Orakpo (OLB), Age: 28
Perry Riley (ILB), Age: 26
DeAngelo Hall (CB, S[?]), Age: 30,31
Chris Baker (DE, DT), Age: 26,27
Reed Doughty (S, ST), Age: 31, 32
Rob Jackson (OLB), Age: 28,29
Darryl Tapp (OLB), Age: 29,30
J.D. Walton (C), Age: 27
Jose Gumbs (S)(ERFA), Age: 26

Players To Release/Not Re-Sign
Rex Grossman
Santana Moss
Josh Morgan
Fred Davis
Josh Wilson
Stephen Bowen
Kedric Golston
Adam Carriker
London Fletcher
Bryan Kehl
Dezmon Briscoe
Nick Barnett
E.J. Biggers
Chris Chester
Kyle Nelson
Tyler Polumbus
Jawan Jamison
Baccari Rambo
Troy Kropog
Tanard Jackson

It’s a long list, but a 3-13 record usually means a number of players must go and a certain number stays. What are your preferences?

Players To Keep - Camp Fodder/Practice Squad
David Gettis
Tevita Stevens
Richard Quinn
Kevin Kowalski
Robert Malone
Gabe Miller
Ryan Mouton
Trent Robinson
Adrian Robinson

Bubble Players To Keep For Now
Josh Bellamy
Tom Compton
Will Compton
Richard Crawford
Adam Gettis
DaJohn Harris
Josh Hull
Maurice Hurt
Jeremy Kimbrough
Josh LeRibeus
Miguel Maysonet
Chase Minnifield
Chris Neild
Niles Paul
Evan Royster
Chris Thompson

Many of these players are mostly longshots and while some will make the opening day roster, others will fight for a practice squad designation or try to impress other teams.

There you have it – the second installment of BBQ’s look at free agency, 2014. Feel free to discuss these players and what you think the team should do in free agency.

Hail To The Redskins!

MoRackpo

"who has?"
- fansince62

[stupid browser won't let me 'reply w/ quote']

Fair question & I get it. But I believe his injury(s) are as much due to him playing linebacker & arm tackling as much as all the doping he did in college that weakens the fiber.

He's a lineman, imo. And the Redskins themselves acknowledge that on some degree, as evidenced in their Google+ post earlier this week!

https://plus.google.com/113330246255570126334/posts/e9hTFN83rCR

- fansince62

Fair question & I get it. But I believe his injury(s) are as much due to him playing linebacker & arm tackling as much as all the doping he did in college that weakens the fiber.

He's a lineman, imo. And the Redskins themselves acknowledge that on some degree, as evidenced in their Google+ post earlier this week!

How do you know he doped in college? By all accounts he was just a gym rat.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

A small update:

Some sources are saying that the Redskins could make a very strong push to sign Aqib Talib.

Look for the team to make strong runs at Chris Clemons (Dolphins), Linval Joseph (Giants), and Anthony Collins (Bengals) as well.

A small update:

Some sources are saying that the Redskins could make a very strong push to sign Aqib Talib.

Look for the team to make strong runs at Chris Clemons (Dolphins), Linval Joseph (Giants), and Anthony Collins (Bengals) as well.

We did last year. I am less inclined to support this acquisition as I once was. How serious was the injury?

Linval Joseph has mentioned he wants to stay in NY.

I would like the Collins acquisition most of all.

I thought I saw that Talib wanted to stay in New England as well. If Bill is letting him go, I think the injury is probably on the more serious side.

Agree on Collins... Hope they get him.

Of course, if these are the "sources" I think they are, probably only one of those targets is legit.

Easier to ask who ISN'T doping....

How do you know he doped in college? By all accounts he was just a gym rat.

Better question might be why I think he doped in college, since we don't know, obviously.

1. It's Division 1 NCAA foobaw
  2. It's TEXAS
  3. That torn pec injury is often indicative of doping which degrades the connective tissue.
  4. Just LOOK at the summbeech!!

- fansince62

fair response!

His character doesn't strike me as the doper type.

they're going to keep him so long as it does't cost them the farm..IMO. so, I'm letting this one rest and picking up on the FA ideas/news Sir BB is putting into play. I like what I'm hearing. It's very obvious the Skins are going to go all out to rebuild the O-line. finally! availability may be a constraint. but I think over this season and next we get the line Robert and Alfred deserve/need to reach their full potential.

Better question might be why I think he doped in college, since we don't know, obviously.

1. It's Division 1 NCAA foobaw
  2. It's TEXAS
  3. That torn pec injury is often indicative of doping which degrades the connective tissue.
  4. Just LOOK at the summbeech!!

Fair enough... I just don't think he's is a doper. He's not outrageously big like David Boston was, just really cut. That's obtainable without doping.

The torn pec muscle could be a sign of degraded connective tissue, or a sign of poor tackling form. :whoknows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.