• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Capitals Effing SUCK.

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Without Neuvirth, that game might have been 38-5. No lead is safe with this team.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

well, the team that could never play playoff hockey is finding itself matched up against teams that can.

i was thinking a new division would toughen them and get them ready for the playoffs, it looks like they can't handle it.

Kuznetsov is coming to DC as soon as his KHL is out of the playoffs (looks like they'll sneak in as an 8 seed).

Caps take the ice in Florida tonight, trying to make the stretch run count. There's a few questions to answer:

Will Ovi experience another post-Olympic slump? He was one of the hottest players in the NHL before the break.

How will Backstrom's Olympic snafu affect him?

Well the Caps make a move to show up their awful defense?

When will Kuznetsov join the team, and what kind of impact will he have? Will it be enough?

Well, the defense is still terrible, giving up two different two-goal leads, but Ovechkin and Backstrom both lit up the stat sheet with three points each. Ovi notched the game-winner and two assists, Backs had a goal and two assists as well. Laich added three points the same way, and Brouwer had a couple power-play goals.

Caps win, 5-4!

My god the Caps defense is atrocious. Fourth two-goal lead surrendered in three games, this time it costs them the victory. Still got the loser point in OT...

Same old caps.

There's obviously something wrong with the talent evaluation and acquisition. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise at this point. Multiple coaches, with different schemes, have been tried. Results are still the same - a team that can't play defense and thus can't do anything meaningful especially in the playoffs.

Lately I've heard a lot of the beat reporters saying that goalie is a problem right now, but I honestly can't help but wonder if the lack of quality defenders in front of our goalies is the root cause. I just don't know enough about hockey to know :\

Defense is the problem. You could put Olie Kolzig in his prime back there and he'd get lit up. They're getting no help.

Braden is letting in some softies to be sure, but I'd say those are the outliers.

Caps acquire Dustin Penner from Anaheim for a 4th round pick. He's a net crashing, big bodied top 6 guy, pretty much exactly what the caps have been missing.

Erat and a prospect has been traded for a defender, some other guy and a pick (or two?). Not surprising.

Yes, they need defenders. Wouldn't be the first time GMGM didn't address the team's needs at the trade deadline. :(

i thought we needed defenders :\

Yes, they need defenders. They've lacked toughness at the net for awhile now also, so when I say "exactly what they've been missing," I'm referring to offense. :)

Edit: although I'm hearing he can be lazy on D... that's no good.

Looks like the picked up a defenseman for erat

I've never heard of him, and have no idea how good/terrible he is. Phoenix is in the bottom half of the league in goals allowed per game at 2.82, just above Washington's 2.89. So, hrmm.

Alex Edler is on the market, he's a very good, young defenseman. With $1.8M in cap space, his $3.25M cap hit would fit if we sent Fehr or Mojo ($1.5 & $2M hits, respectively) with picks over for him. DO IT, McPhee!

Effing Crapitals acquired Jaroslav Halak. EFF.

OMG:

George McShitforbrains said:
We play a system where teams get probably more shots the way we play but most of them are from the outside, we’ll allow those. In some ways that might be better for this particular goaltender.”

C'mon, Ted. Fire this idiot YESTERDAY.

For a more detailed description of why this is a particularly stoopid thing to say, read this:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...tally-okay-with-the-capitals-getting-outshot/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.