• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Capitals Effing SUCK.

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Hey look, they trade Erat, by far the best possession driver on the team, and they can't generate shots. Shocker.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kuznetsov signed his entry deal on Saturday... It's Kuzya time! Should play tomorrow night.

Kuzya will make his debut on the 4th line, with limited talent around him. Oates is such a jackass, he can't be fired soon enough.

So much for playoffs... Oh well. Hopefully Ovechkin and Kuzya gel in the offseason and dominate next year.

lol.

i'm sorry, but this is karma

Ted got all arrogant with the early success of the team when he started rebuilding it. He started taking shots at Snyder because, for whatever reason, that's the thing to do for franchise owners around the DC area when they have a little success. In addition to that, many die hard caps fans followed right behind him trashing redskins fans and the organization; how could we possibly support such an awful organization run by such an awful owner when such a wise owner was building a great franchise in DC?!

I've personally watched at least 3 redskins fans I'm friends with essentially leave the fan base and become die hard caps fans over this period.

Since then his team has majorly under performed. From lazy looking post season early outs, to some really questionable personnel moves, to what seems to have become a coaching carrousel (unless they're keeping Oates? seems like he's lost major support from fans), and just general mediocrity.

I believe in karma, and as far as I can tell she's a bitch.

So while it makes me sad that a local team is going through this, there is a part of me that grins at the fact that all the chest thumping from a few years ago has died down and all the sudden the amazing franchise that was just in every way better than the Redskins is stuck in a hole of mediocrity.

edit: I actually think we've discussed this before lanky... sorry for repeating myself. I realize my personal experience doesn't reflect on how all the die hard caps fans are, it's just my personal experience. my #1 team in my life is the redskins and the gap to #2 and beyond is huge. i'm quite sensitive to the criticism - probably because it's all i've heard my entire life.

there's been a very, very similar phenomena going on with nats fans in my experience, though it's just the fans not the owner. watching them fail to make the playoffs after all the shit talking i heard once they started getting good made me grin too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't argue too much of any of that. Sigh.

One of these decades err centuries Washington will pull a Boston... meaning that fans of the Capitals, Nationals, Redskins and Wizards will all experience multiple championships.

Kuzya had three assists, Wilson scored (assisted by Kuzya), and Ovi lit the lamp while Green got the GWG. Lots of old and new tonight!

Caps have won two in a row, but it's probably too little, too late I'm afraid. They currently sit 2 points behind Columbus and New York, 3 points behind Philthy, and 5 points behind Tampa for a playoff spot. Not impossible, but difficult with 13 games left.

After last night's GWG, Ovechkin is on pace for 54 this season. Spectacular effort on a shitty, shitty team. :(

Season ended ten days ago, yet still no heads have rolled. RMNB posted an interesting article about the three potential futures:

1) burn it down and rebuild from scratch. This involves firing McPhee and Oates, and trading away a lot of the "core," including Ovechkin.
2) realize your roster is offensive-minded, and go back to the Boudreau era downhill offense, but still get some new blueliners. This would mean a new coach, but GMGM likely stays.
3) do nothing, and suffer through more mediocrity.

I prefer something between 2 and 3, personally.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/04/23/the-three-futures-of-the-washington-capitals/

Cleaning house today in Washington.

Both the GM and the HC are gone.

That's at least a good start.

It's probably time for a rebuild...Ovi is no spring chicken but we could get a lot for him if they decided to trade him.

It's probably time for a rebuild...Ovi is no spring chicken but we could get a lot for him if they decided to trade him.

I'm not so sure...salary caps are as tight as ever, and not too many teams will be anxious to trade for a guy who'll count $9M against their cap for a long, long time. His contract makes him nearly untradeable. I think moving him is the wrong decision either way, however. There are a lot of problems with this team, and his defensive play is not ideal. However Ovechkin (and Backstrom) are NOT what's wrong with this team.

Current rumor: the Great One is headed to DC to take over as GM or HC of the Capitals. Tortorella is another option, but I really hope that one isn't true.

Heard the Gretzky rumor on the radio.

One of the key points was that it's not Gretzky they want - It's one of his 'guys' that helped build Team Canada

Also - there seems to be a strong possibility that they wont bring in a new GM until after the draft - which would be ridiculous.

If true, that's completely idiotic.

Ovechkin was taken out by an open-ice hip check that hit him on the left knee. Couldn't get up. Taken off supported by two people. #Caps

Alex Ovechkin has been taken off in an ambulance. Evaluation still pending, but according to inside info, "it's pretty bad". #Caps

That doesn't sound good. Fortunately, he has a lot of time to heal up.

When it rains, it pours. Eff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.