• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wah Post: Mark Brunell On The Jay Gruden Hire

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Wash Post: Mark Brunell On The Jay Gruden Hire

Brunell has some knowledge of Jay from his Jaguars days.

“Obviously it’s going to take both those guys to do their jobs very, very well,” he said. “But RGIII, I believe, he needs to make the biggest adjustment because he simply has to play better. And he has to understand that he’s very fortunate to have Jay Gruden, a proven coach, great offensive mind. And really what I saw this year was a young man in his second year that, he’s got a lot of growing to do on the field. It’s not about RGIII. It’s about the Washington Redskins and that offense. I think they have a great leader in Jay Gruden. He worked wonders there in Cincinnati and he’s a proven football coach.

Mark Brunell on the Jay Gruden hire and Daniel Snyder?s desire to win

I can't wait for next season. I have no idea how I'll make it that long.

Last edited:
How did Boonell's Jaguar time intersect with Jay's?

How did Boonell's Jaguar time intersect with Jay's?

If memory serves me correctly, Brunell was a Jag from 1995-2003.

Jay Gruden won title after title during those years, about three hours away from where Brunell was playing.

Coaching is a small community. Coaching in Florida is even smaller.

Brunell often wondered how Gruden wasn't a NFL HC during those years. I wondered the same.

I discounted the first three titles. "What bs league is this?"

Then I woke up.

Great things are about to happen. The dead corpse known as the Washington Redskins is about to come to life.

You'd better hope so. If not, you're going to find yourself on the Island of Misfit Toys - forever! :)

And just to say it out loud - NO ONE hopes you are 100% right more than moi.

Last edited:
Here is why Mark Brunell is commenting on this story...

He is a commentator on ESPN and his expertise is football. Stunning, I know. :)

If memory serves me correctly, Brunell was a Jag from 1995-2003.

Jay Gruden won title after title during those years, about three hours away from where Brunell was playing.

Coaching is a small community. Coaching in Florida is even smaller.

Brunell often wondered how Gruden wasn't a NFL HC during those years. I wondered the same.

I discounted the first three titles. "What bs league is this?"

Then I woke up.

Great things are about to happen. The dead corpse known as the Washington Redskins is about to come to life.

So other than playing/coaching in the same state in a completely different league, there is no connection.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

What did Brunell say that any fan watching the team could not have?

Griffin needs to work and improve under Gruden and the new staff.

Gruden has a record of working well with qbs.

All plain vanilla comments.

What did Brunell say that any fan watching the team could not have?

Griffin needs to work and improve under Gruden and the new staff.

Gruden has a record of working well with qbs.

All plain vanilla comments.

He said Snyder was a swell guy. Now thats something you almost never hear from a fan :)

But yeah, pretty vanilla.

Snyder paid him $10M. Show me a fan he pays that amount to and you will get that ringing endorsement you feel may be lacking :)

I don't think it's going to be enough :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.