• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO's Own Obsession: The Offensive Line

That's fine. They just need to remove all the plays where Chester and Polumbus get manhandled like jailhouse virgin meat.

Which was like, too goddamn often.

That's fine. They just need to remove all the plays where Chester and Polumbus get manhandled like jailhouse virgin meat.

Which was like, too goddamn often.

This is why I scoff at the idea that our OL is "better" than we fans think. Turnstyler Polumbus got beat in pass protection more often than any other RT I have ever seen on this team. Horrible!

This is why I scoff at the idea that our OL is "better" than we fans think. Turnstyler Polumbus got beat in pass protection more often than any other RT I have ever seen on this team. Horrible!

Remember when Jon Jansen got really pathetically bad? Everybody figured it out, even him eventually. Wish that would happen in this case.

I loved jansen, dude played with two casted up hands, and came back from a torn achilles, but he was never a great pass pro guy, and only got worse. I made a thread on the other board and analysed him play by play, showing he gave too much ground and wasnt getting it done and some people freaked out on me lol

Remember when Jon Jansen got really pathetically bad? Everybody figured it out, even him eventually. Wish that would happen in this case.

He was not as bad as TurnsTyler...even when we got rid of him.

I loved jansen, dude played with two casted up hands, and came back from a torn achilles, but he was never a great pass pro guy, and only got worse. I made a thread on the other board and analysed him play by play, showing he gave too much ground and wasnt getting it done and some people freaked out on me lol

I still remember when Casey Rabach bought a bidet and put it in front of his locker. Awesome prank! A lot of characters in that group, and individually they weren't the best OL, but collectively they were pretty good.

FWIW and if I'm reading this correctly this site has our o-line ranked 23rd in run blocking and 20th in pass blocking.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 OFFENSIVE LINES

Edit: I know if Trent wasn't on that line we'd be in the 30's in pass blocking.

Last edited:
The Redskins didn't win the battle up front on either side of the ball and that is one major reason the club finished 3-13.

Injuries have decimated Bowen and Carriker. Cofield is playing out of place at NT. Jenkins has failed to show second round skills.

On offense you simply can't give away 30-40 pounds a week to opponents in the interior match ups with Lichtensteiger and Montgomery.

This is one of the main reasons third and one or two is so challenging for this offense.

On the right side you have guys that are just not skilled. Polumbus and Chester are backup quality players despite having decent size.

So, it's a bit of a mess.

Cooley seems to think Cofield can move to DE and you can put Baker at NT full-time with the need to find a RE.

In re the offensive line I remember the comment coming up that outside of Williams none of the other OL were full-time starters in their careers before coming here.

I'm pretty sure Polumbus was the starting Merry-Go-Round operator, somewhere, before we got him.

He was not as bad as TurnsTyler...even when we got rid of him.

Haha yeah right.... He was horrible. At the end of his career he couldn't stop anyone and started off every snap going backwards like the much younger turnstyler. Difference was, Jon was a beast early in his career.... this guy? Not so much.

Haha yeah right.... He was horrible. At the end of his career he couldn't stop anyone and started off every snap going backwards like the much younger turnstyler. Difference was, Jon was a beast early in his career.... this guy? Not so much.

You know Jon went to the Pro-Bowl in Detroit the year after he left here.

j/k Nah...he was horrible, but still not as bad as turnstile.

You know Jon went to the Pro-Bowl in Detroit the year after he left here.

j/k Nah...he was horrible, but still not as bad as turnstile.

Dude, that's not cool. I was fuming when I read that on my phone. He played like 2 games!!! After he broke his ankle with us he was done. He played on ice skates for the rest of his career. Loved him early on, but useless in his last few seasons in the NFL.

That early 2000s offensive line was built the right way, despite the other dysfunctions.

Samuels and Jansen were draft picks while solid interior players like Randy Thomas were free agent acquisitions who had proven they could play elsewhere.

That early 2000s offensive line was built the right way, despite the other dysfunctions.

Samuels and Jansen were draft picks while solid interior players like Randy Thomas were free agent acquisitions who had proven they could play elsewhere.

We did have some decent talent there for a stretch. Good RBs, decent defense, Sean Taylor and we couldn't do much. I feel really bad for a guy like Chris Samuels, never really winning anything has to suck hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.