• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO's Own Obsession: The Offensive Line

First, RT can be addressed very early. Trade for Jonathan Martin (a 6th or a 7th will do the trick) or wait for him to be released. Redskins would have the second overall choice to get him after the Texans. Sign Anthony Collins immediately after FA opens. Keep Compton - OT is solved with these moves.

If available, get Evan Dietrich-Smith or Mack. If not, then look to the draft. A solid C can be found in the 4th or 5th rounds. Add OGs Jon Asamoah or Geoff Schwartz from the Chiefs - one will be available.

Obviously, we can draft two or three OL as well, but the salary cap situation will allow us to fix the RT situation quickly while the other spots can receive attention too.

Jonathan Martin's heart might not be in the game anymore. His head might not be right either.

First, RT can be addressed very early. Trade for Jonathan Martin (a 6th or a 7th will do the trick) or wait for him to be released. Redskins would have the second overall choice to get him after the Texans. Sign Anthony Collins immediately after FA opens. Keep Compton - OT is solved with these moves.

If available, get Evan Dietrich-Smith or Mack. If not, then look to the draft. A solid C can be found in the 4th or 5th rounds. Add OGs Jon Asamoah or Geoff Schwartz from the Chiefs - one will be available.

Obviously, we can draft two or three OL as well, but the salary cap situation will allow us to fix the RT situation quickly while the other spots can receive attention too.

like it. but here's my bet:

- they sign some FA RT (don't connect those two acronyms!), maybe a guard and a safety/db

- rest of line stays as is for next season

- draft focuses on defense and wideouts

watch: it'll unfold totally different!!!

Jonathan Martin's heart might not be in the game anymore. His head might not be right either.

Football is a game of Type-A personalities. If there's a weak link, it's a weak link.

Regardless what you think of what happened in Miami, you do have to question whether the guy has the mental fortitude. Being on a team of "nice guys" won't change that. His skin is thin as wax paper.

Nick

I am still waiting for the team to find a starting lineman in the draft other than when we have a top 5 pick.

If this is a good front office group we should be able to find one or two capable prospects between rounds 2-5.

Many teams have second, third or fourth round picks starting as rookies.

Would I trade for Martin?

Ask for Miami's permission to talk to the player to see if he really wants to play.

If yes, I would trade a 6 for a 24 year old RT that was a second rounder.

Note effectiveness is about fit.

Miami had Martin playing out of position at LT due to need.

Ditto here with Chris Baker. We had a 330 pound tackle playing in space as a DE because of injuries.

Shift him to NT and you have a different player.

To me I would rather draft linemen and pick up veteran skill players in free agency.

We need a second receiver. But to get one for 2014 I think you look to a vet rather than a rookie.

Rookie receivers, corners and qbs usually take the longest to develop.

You can find a DE or RG that can start and be productive in Year 1.

So, if it was up to me I would be looking CB and WR in March and OL/DL in April.

worth the risk of a 6th or 7th

bottom line Oline MUST be the priority, and it goes RT, RG, C, LG in order of priority but if we can get Mack we should get him, look at the jets with mangold, he improved that entire Olines play. but OUR biggest holes are at RT and RG. chester just sucks and polumbus cant pass pro. no on the seahags guy, maybe on saffold or winston, and if we can get an upgrade at LT and move TW to RT thats a perfect move upgrading two spots

I'll take upgrades at all those positions. Agree RT, and RG are targets 1&2. But wouldn't pass up the chance to improve any of them.

And, with all the cursing Gruden does, it looks like little Jonny wouldn't want to be here. ;)

Respectfully disagree Ax. It was racism and specific targeting. Look at the cluster that Miami continues to be during the GM search and the clueless owner. It's an absolute mess. There is a chance to get a steal here and we need to act.

My guess is that Luck and the Colts who need major help on the line will be looking at trading for Martin.

Luck is his college buddy and the Colts are well on their way back to being an elite team.

Respectfully disagree Ax. It was racism and specific targeting. Look at the cluster that Miami continues to be during the GM search and the clueless owner. It's an absolute mess. There is a chance to get a steal here and we need to act.
I certainly don't KNOW I'm right. But I do believe I am. Everything I'm reading, if confirmed in the report scheduled to be released after the Super Bowl, shows Martin to be a troubled young man, worried about losing his job because of poor play, and possibly another pot head. He tried to fit into the locker room, but doesn't have it in him to withstand the crudeness of it all. Exactly what we don't need.

And how much of what 'you read' was put out there by the dysfunctional team that encouraged a lot of the nonsense that went on in and outside of the Dolphins locker room. If be a little more hesitant to throw a guy I don't know who went through a situation none of us can really assess under the bus. Maybe he's a weak-minded head case. Or maybe that organization is a mess with an out of control locker room. I think both are possible, but while I think what kind if a guy Martin really is is an open question, it's pretty clear what kind of a man Incognito is and has been. That ought to factor heavily into any assessment of what went on in Miami.

And how much of what 'you read' was put out there by the dysfunctional team that encouraged a lot of the nonsense that went on in and outside of the Dolphins locker room. If be a little more hesitant to throw a guy I don't know who went through a situation none of us can really assess under the bus. Maybe he's a weak-minded head case. Or maybe that organization is a mess with an out of control locker room. I think both are possible, but while I think what kind if a guy Martin really is is an open question, it's pretty clear what kind of a man Incognito is and has been. That ought to factor heavily into any assessment of what went on in Miami.
What I'm reading definitely has been put out by those trying to counter Martin's charges. But if the text exchanges between them are indeed fact, I see Martin as less the victim, and more the young man with serious issues. Either way, we've had enough circus acts around here to last a lifetime. I'm more than hesitant to bring another one in, voluntarily.

I don't totally disagree but i'd like to hear from him face to face before I ruled him out as a cheap upgrade.

Compton? He has had few opportunities here but was horrible when he played. Why keep the torch burning for garbage? Hurt, LeRib, Gettis, Compton....all garbage but someone always begging for them not to be.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Well, before jettisoning any of these guys, I want a second opinion from the new HC. We kept Forester(sp), so he should be able to give an honest assessment, and then let Gruden see for himself. We'll know soon enough.

But not soon enough. :)

They won't sign Martin. there. it's settled!

I do believe the FO has containing drama on the "to do" list. just don't see a Martin signing down the road.

Well, before jettisoning any of these guys, I want a second opinion from the new HC. We kept Forester(sp), so he should be able to give an honest assessment, and then let Gruden see for himself. We'll know soon enough.

But not soon enough. :)

there was an early interview with Gruden in which he stated he thought the o-line played well. they must have cut the pass plays from the tape he analyzed!!!

I wouldn't expect him to say anybody sucked 5 minutes after being here. The proof will be forthcoming. As much as we all hate to wait, it's all we can do.

there was an early interview with Gruden in which he stated he thought the o-line played well. they must have cut the pass plays from the tape he analyzed!!!

I know it sounds unfathomable to redskins fans, but there are a lot of football people that don't think our O line played poorly last year. They think the results were caused by some combination of: Robert leaving the pocket too early and the oline not knowing how to protect him on a scramble, Robert holding onto the ball too long (multiple reasons for that.)

I've heard a few times that we should brace for the O Line to return largely the same as last year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.