• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

SOE: A New Home For RG3

Al, I said it was a pair of factors that I believe were contributed to his decline.

1.) I agree with you, the injry was a major contributing factor.
2.) I agree with McD5, it appears quite obvious there was a disconnect in coaching. Be it the relationship or lack of actually practicing fundamentals, the coaching seemed suspect.

The 2012 season saw a scheme that took the NFL by surprise. Once the league caught up, they didn't appear to have really focused on coaching this kid to be the QB they tried to put on the field to start the season...they tried to force the square peg, Robert, into a round hole.

I will add one more factor:

3.) We've come full circle to what you've been arguing for a while...lack of talent. I agree there too. His play was affected by the lack of talent around him too.

Whether it's called a sophomore slump or not is no excuse...it's just a name given for a trend in the NFL. Many QB"s who light up the league in their 1st year, seem to regress in their 2nd.

El...we're largely in agreement. to be honest though, IMO, I think it was all downhill from the moment that first game was played....and confirmed by the second game blowout. they were thrown back on their heels and basically never recovered. in my mind, everything was set in stone the moment it was decided Robert would not, or could not, practice with the team during OTAs and pre-season. everything happened as a consequence of that decision...including coaching errors during the season. it may not have been mathematically certain, but I think they were out of it after those first two games. too big a hole by the time Robert began to come around. by then...everyone was playing CYA.

we're on the same page vis talent. I think we have improved a lot from the Spurrier/Zorn days. but, obviously not enough.

not only do we have to find better talent - we have to stop wasting the talent we do have!

El...we're largely in agreement. to be honest though, IMO, I think it was all downhill from the moment that first game was played....and confirmed by the second game blowout. they were thrown back on their heels and basically never recovered. in my mind, everything was set in stone the moment it was decided Robert would not, or could not, practice with the team during OTAs and pre-season. everything happened as a consequence of that decision...including coaching errors during the season. it may not have been mathematically certain, but I think they were out of it after those first two games. too big a hole by the time Robert began to come around. by then...everyone was playing CYA.

we're on the same page vis talent. I think we have improved a lot from the Spurrier/Zorn days. but, obviously not enough.

not only do we have to find better talent - we have to stop wasting the talent we do have!

The only thing I will say in response to this is with such a poor division, we still stood a chance coming out of the win against San Diego. Would have been another miracle run. I do agree, at some point there was no turning back. Not sure it was the 2nd blowout or mid-late October, but the team was lost at some point.

The only thing I will say in response to this is with such a poor division, we still stood a chance coming out of the win against San Diego. Would have been another miracle run. I do agree, at some point there was no turning back. Not sure it was the 2nd blowout or mid-late October, but the team was lost at some point.

fair enough!

I thought those losses were so horrendous that it was obvious this team had irreparable flaws.

water under the Ashburn bridge. I like that Gruden has returned to being low key. FA comes in Mar. cmon baby! let's fill some of the holes so the rats can't get in!!!

This is a complete 180 from his quote to Peter King...

Is Gruden that wishy washy or did someone say something to him???

I'm hoping there's a 3rd option where Gruden is playing the media instead of always defending against the crap they pull. Eff DC "journalists". Make them scramble and look foolish for a change.

Possibly weed out the rest of the moles as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.