• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Post: How The Redskins Running Game Might Look Under Jay Gruden

I'd rather not become Seattle.

Nor do I, but to me tenacity is a trait a linemen should have. I'm not talkin guys taking questionable shots on opposing players. I want guys that enjoy making the opposing number look like a little b****. Big, nasty, ugly bastages people fear.

Nor do I, but to me tenacity is a trait a linemen should have. I'm not talkin guys taking questionable shots on opposing players. I want guys that enjoy making the opposing number look like a little b****. Big, nasty, ugly bastages people fear.

This is why I was not upset with the LeRiebus pick. Reports stated he had that nasty streak. Too bad he doesn't have the self-discipline to come to camp in shape.

This is why I was not upset with the LeRiebus pick. Reports stated he had that nasty streak. Too bad he doesn't have the self-discipline to come to camp in shape.

Good points. So why not go with someone who can come for cheap and do a good job? Miami simply didn't have a good environment - any team with Incognito could have issues. Don't fall for their version of Sally Jenkins and/or Mike Wise. Upgrade or take a chance in the draft? Heck, I say do both.

Yup, count me in on that sentiment. Ya never do know what a new coach may or may not see in a guy, but I expect him to be.... "welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order," in the very near future.

Good points. So why not go with someone who can come for cheap and do a good job? Miami simply didn't have a good environment - any team with Incognito could have issues. Don't fall for their version of Sally Jenkins and/or Mike Wise. Upgrade or take a chance in the draft? Heck, I say do both.

Incognito is a pure head case, but coaches, management, and other players didn't hold Martin back from getting into it with Incognito in a big way. I understand all about his background. Lots of local coverage, so I didn't get as much of the Sally and Mike show.. Both parents university professors or something to that effect, and as stated, is also well educated. I understand there's people in the world that just cant stand up for themselves, and don't want on as an O linemen. Maybe a punter. I've stood up for people that cant do it themselves. I'm still a firm believer that every father is obligated to teach his son how to, and when to defend himself. I was always on of the smallest kids in school till I hit high school. I got boxing gloves for my 6th birthday... dem big ol little rascles looking suckers, and taught when and why... Sorry brother, it just doesn't sit well with me on any level.

It could also have an adverse effect in the locker room. No matter what they say in public, it will be in the back of some players minds, they have to tread lightly with the guy, or flat out thinking he a wus. I'm not in the locker room, but know human nature. Stallions generally don't want a gelding in their midst...

Andrew Luck spoke up for Martin and with their needs on the OL I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Indy next season.

Luck played with him in college and knows him a lot better than the yahoos in Miami.

Good luck winning a Super Bowl with Richie Incognito as one of your team captains.

To Incognito not going to Vegas for strippers and booze showed that Martin wasn't tough enough?

Ireland and Philbin are tools.

He didn't get pushed around on the field. Again, the culture in Miami was toxic - very toxic. But hey, if there are those who would rather stand with an Incognito, then so be it. I'll take Martin at RT any day of the week. I had him in many of those mocks back in 2012 for a reason - just watch as his career will be fine. Then tell me where Incognito will be in the future.

Look, I understand that there is a certain kind of toughness that we want on the OLine, or for that matter, the entire team. What kind of organization allows two or three factions to form amongst the players? Those situations are always toxic. Always. McNabb and T.O. split the locker room in Philly after their SB loss. How many times in recent years have we seen a divided locker room in DC? Miami faded down the stretch this season. My guess is that they would've preferred to be in the playoffs with no divisions, but a few morons decided otherwise. The Dolphins had a wild card tucked away in their back pockets, but got skunked by the Bills and the Jets to close the season. Yeah, that worked out really well - not.

If we are going to have this macho sense about who should be on the team, then we better get rid of RG3 when FA rolls around. He is a self professed mama's boy and lets it be known. Yes, Martin came from an uppity background. However, many players have come from similar circumstances in the league and have done fine. The bozos in Miami held it against him and that is to their detriment.

The Redskins will do as they see fit. Martin probably won't be here, but keep tabs on him and see what happens. Fair enough?

Mike, feel free to ignore the BBQ mocks when they roll around. I won't force you to look at them. I also challenge you to find where I included Courtney Brown in any mock.

I thoroughly dislike the Patriots. With that said, it is one of few teams you will see where the OL are constantly shoving the other team around.

You give Brady a good shot - you get hit by a lineman.
You shove our RB after the play - you get pushed around
You get a little over zealous in celebration - you get shoved around
After a play is dead - you get an extra shove sometimes

They play with an attitude. I wish we'd see more of that from our OL.

With that said, I don't care who is manning RT as long as he can perform better than that piece of dirt...TurnsTyler!

I'd be pretty hesitant to judge someone so harshly not knowing what exactly was going on in Miami. The guy can play though, so for me that trumps debate about 'toughness'.

Sorry about that Mike. Didn't realize it was a general statement. We're cool.

El, we're all ready to move on from TyPo. No one disagrees there. I don't even want him around as a backup.

And about LeRibeus. T.Y. Hilton was taken about twenty spots lower in the 2012 draft. Dang.

He didn't get pushed around on the field. Again, the culture in Miami was toxic - very toxic. But hey, if there are those who would rather stand with an Incognito, then so be it. I'll take Martin at RT any day of the week. I had him in many of those mocks back in 2012 for a reason - just watch as his career will be fine. Then tell me where Incognito will be in the future.

I'm not standing with Incognito. Like I said, he's a head case, and the stuff he pulled was complete BS. He deserves to have his ass kicked, and Martin should have. I know it was toxic in Miami, and over the years have heard of toxic situations many times, but don't recall ever hearing of a player walking out on his team, no matter how bad.

I'll say good night for now. On this matter, we'll never agree., or even come close :) You are likely right, and he could be a great bargain for the team in a spot we've needed to get locked down for a long time. If we wind up with him, you won't see me piss and moan. I'll just never be able to trust him.

Cheers !

I will agree on the walking out. I've tried to reconcile that one with how I feel about him as a player. I do wish the kid well and think he will be fine.

I'm not standing with Incognito. Like I said, he's a head case, and the stuff he pulled was complete BS. He deserves to have his ass kicked, and Martin should have. I know it was toxic in Miami, and over the years have heard of toxic situations many times, but don't recall ever hearing of a player walking out on his team, no matter how bad.

I'll say good night for now. On this matter, we'll never agree., or even come close :) You are likely right, and he could be a great bargain for the team in a spot we've needed to get locked down for a long time. If we wind up with him, you won't see me piss and moan. I'll just never be able to trust him.

Cheers !

Incognito has been in the league 10 years. not seeing him as a viable option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.