• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

"I think the man is doing to very best that he can in a job that he’s not up to."

fastwb

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
"I think the man is doing the very best that he can in a job that he’s not up to."

--This assessment of Zorn was recently offered by Rich Tandler over on his blog at Realredskins.com. I couldn't agree more with his assessment of Zorn. Its a shame all the way around, really. I hate to see someone who appears to be a genuinely good, honorable person be put through something like this. It hasn’t been like this in the past when coaches struggled here( of course in many ways it hasn’t EVER been like this for a coach anywhere). Gibbs was, well, Gibbs- a man whose faith and character always carried him through. Norv was always too bemused and dumbstruck to ever really leave much of an impression as a person. It was hard to pity him even when he deserved it. Marty was like watching a general doing a post assault press conference from Desert Storm or something–supremely confident in his ability but not really invested in the hopes and fears of the locals. The 'Ol Ball Coach was just so obviously full of himself that it was impossible to feel sorry for him. Like I said, its a shame. I hate to see a good man dragged down and there are a lot of good men and good football players being dragged down by the Redskins Organization right now.

Last edited:
For me, the most disappointing thing about Zorn is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. It's a lot like Norv saying, "what we do works". It really doesn't work but he seems to think it does. He is also too hesitant to try something new.

I buy the part about him being in a job he's not up to. I'm just not real certain he's trying his "best".

For me, the most disappointing thing about Zorn is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. It's a lot like Norv saying, "what we do works". It really doesn't work but he seems to think it does. He is also too hesitant to try something new.

I buy the part about him being in a job he's not up to. I'm just not real certain he's trying his "best".

He's trying his best as he sees it. He's not arrogant, but he is delusional. He sees improvement where there is none...He sees good defense ("We did a good job against Turner", says Zorn) where there is none.

He's a windmill chaser.

He's trying his best as he sees it. He's not arrogant, but he is delusional.

You may be right on that. We're just so far past "is the glass half full or half empty" point yet he continues to approach things that way. They continue to kill themselves with mistakes and big plays. Perhaps if you look at them without those then they aren't so bad. But its delusional to take that approach at this point. The next 2 weeks should show whether they continue to tough it out or collapse completely. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.