A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Injuries or not, this one we gotta have.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "I think the man is doing the very best that he can in a job that hes not up to."

--This assessment of Zorn was recently offered by Rich Tandler over on his blog at Realredskins.com. I couldn't agree more with his assessment of Zorn. Its a shame all the way around, really. I hate to see someone who appears to be a genuinely good, honorable person be put through something like this. It hasnt been like this in the past when coaches struggled here( of course in many ways it hasnt EVER been like this for a coach anywhere). Gibbs was, well, Gibbs- a man whose faith and character always carried him through. Norv was always too bemused and dumbstruck to ever really leave much of an impression as a person. It was hard to pity him even when he deserved it. Marty was like watching a general doing a post assault press conference from Desert Storm or somethingsupremely confident in his ability but not really invested in the hopes and fears of the locals. The Ol Ball Coach was just so obviously full of himself that it was impossible to feel sorry for him. Like I said, its a shame. I hate to see a good man dragged down and there are a lot of good men and good football players being dragged down by the Redskins Organization right now.
    Last edited by fastwb; 11-07-09 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
    0 0 0 0

fastwb. Go see evidence that I am still obsessed with the Burgundy and Gold here: http://sites.google.com/site/2009redskins/

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

For me, the most disappointing thing about Zorn is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. It's a lot like Norv saying, "what we do works". It really doesn't work but he seems to think it does. He is also too hesitant to try something new.

I buy the part about him being in a job he's not up to. I'm just not real certain he's trying his "best".
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy Salisbury

The gist:

Zorn needs to go.
    0 0 0 0

:evil:Bring on the 12th Man!!!!!!:evil:
    It Is What It Is.......
    (The Official Blog of Walking Deadman)

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    For me, the most disappointing thing about Zorn is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. It's a lot like Norv saying, "what we do works". It really doesn't work but he seems to think it does. He is also too hesitant to try something new.

I buy the part about him being in a job he's not up to. I'm just not real certain he's trying his "best".
    He's trying his best as he sees it. He's not arrogant, but he is delusional. He sees improvement where there is none...He sees good defense ("We did a good job against Turner", says Zorn) where there is none.

He's a windmill chaser.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobDiamond View Post
    He's trying his best as he sees it. He's not arrogant, but he is delusional.
    You may be right on that. We're just so far past "is the glass half full or half empty" point yet he continues to approach things that way. They continue to kill themselves with mistakes and big plays. Perhaps if you look at them without those then they aren't so bad. But its delusional to take that approach at this point. The next 2 weeks should show whether they continue to tough it out or collapse completely. I just don't know what to think anymore.
    0 0 0 0

fastwb. Go see evidence that I am still obsessed with the Burgundy and Gold here: http://sites.google.com/site/2009redskins/

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tr1 View Post
    He should never have been hired to be HC.

Vinny whiffed again.

That whole hiring process was a fiasco...
    Agreed. Too bad Snyder isn't smart enough to see this.
    0 0 0 0