• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Sorely disappointed....

I have trouble at times in chat - not because I don't live my fellow members but because I get wrapped up in the emotion of the game experience and the pace of posts is so quick things I may say things that normally would never come flying out if my mouth. So if I'm not feeling positive I sometimes won't wander into chat.

Glad you are back DS. This isn't a perfect community but it's the best one I've ever seen or been a part of. Then again, I can't be objective about that :)

Oh. My. God.

Let it go. Asshole. So I misspelled "love" as "live" almost two years ago in chat, and you'll never let me hear the end of it. Sheesh.

You people are ridiculous.

Oh. My. God.

Let it go. Asshole. So I misspelled "love" as "live" almost two years ago in chat, and you'll never let me hear the end of it. Sheesh.

You people are ridiculous.

you did have 'success' misspelled in your siggy... just sayin

Last edited:
ES is not a good comparison. I know BGO staff doesn't like that message here abouts: but it's true. others of us have knowledge of that place before it even was stood up - and many of the personalities behind it. BGO is orders of magnitude better.

with all due respect, and understanding your intent, pls don't bring up ES again.

I would add one qualification to your thought: yes, this should be (and is) a fun place to visit. but homogeneity has its own costs as well. the trick is finding that threshold where all the trade-offs balance off favorably! controlling human nature is a challenging task.

You kind of missed my point Al. Being one of the first 100 members to join ES, I'm well aware of how things went there, and what it turned into. I'm more aware then most that the staff here doesn't want that vibe. My point was that we don't go about business like ES on this site, and people are taking advantage of the fair handedness of the staff. The people I speak about have all been in dutch, yet they continue to play the he said she said game. A complaint about the other place was you couldn't find the discussion within all the noise. While I know it will not come to that, I'd really hate to see anybody get canned here. But the noise is getting louder, and more common.

People, never did I say anything about expressing an opinion. I could give a rats furry little ass weather your negative, or positive while posting. It's about civility, and respect. I've met only one member here for sure, and likely a couple at my one and only ES tailgate a number of years back. While Boone makes a good point about meeting people, I don't have a problem keeping it civil, as the majority of the members do.

I only know people here on line, and nobody knows me any better. Here, I'm mild mannered Miles, the guy that will help anybody if i can if it's within my power or skill. People that actually know me personally know that guy, but also know I can be one of the nastiest, aggressive, irrational person, with a wicked mean streak when agitated. Folks havent a clue how many times I've bit my tongue, and logged off at times when I've wanted to blast people with both barrels for acting like a 9 year old. I don't because I know better, can control myself, and would never discredit this staff by doing so as part of their team.

Again, I apologies to the rest of the staff for opening up this can of worms. I likely should have just vented to the staff behind the scenes, but hey, I'm human, and screw up from time to time. At least I haven't hit the wrong button and wiped anything out. :)

I think the discussion has been fine Pete, and not really a can of worms at all. It needed to be addressed and I think it was appropriate. Everyone seems to agree and I hope it helps the general discourse. :)

MM, I'm glad you posted this thread. Its not a can of worms rather an overdue discussion we all should have. The mere fact that we are having it says volumes about the good character of the site itself.
Like any family, sometimes voices need to be raised at the dinner table to get the point across and leave no doubt as to what needs to be addressed.

No one on staff has any problem with a word you've said Pete. It honestly shouldn't even have to be said. We all need to take our game up a couple of notches.

"We don't need to practice Randy...what we need are some payin gigs"

Okay. I wasn't even going to reply here but I feel I must. I know we aren't supposed to mention that other place, but since Boone invited me over here I rarely if ever am over there. However as most of you know I tend to walk the "stay out of heated discussions" threads because I'm always afraid something I may say could be taken wrong because none of you really know me.

But I will say this... I still have a few friends from "the other place" and I never got involved in all the political crap because it's just not my style, but I did sense a change of direction not long before my invite to come here.

Even though I don't post a lot, I post more here than I ever did there because I believe the people here respect my opinions even if they don't agree with them and thus I've never had to get red-faced in defending my opinion.

And unless the game is one I'm going to, I look forward to game chats. It's a warm "fuzzy"feeling (at the risk of sounding too female for ya :). Win or lose I truly feel like I'm watching the game with friends even if it's a game I'm not actually watching because I'm in West Virginia.

What's the purpose of this post? Just to interject a thank you to Om, Boone and the rest of the staff for giving me a place to feel respected. I won't give up friends I made "there" but I feel much more a part of this community.

I just read my own post. It was made as a compliment. I'm life long Redskin fan living on the west coast. I'm 52 years old get the NFL Ticket watch some of the sports shows and listen on the AM ever so often....but if I really want to know "the real story" I look for it here. there are a lot of fans living in and around the Redskin televised region. I'm in 49er land. The biggest difference between the Skins and the 9ers have a quality Oline and a really good defense.
I don't know if it means a whole helluva lot...but this is the only Redskin site I follow. I go through periods where I don't post. I still read however. This place is the most even keeled forum of any kind that I've come across.

Being a dick is being a dick.

We all know when we're doing it.

Don't be a dick.

You kind of missed my point Al. Being one of the first 100 members to join ES, I'm well aware of how things went there, and what it turned into. I'm more aware then most that the staff here doesn't want that vibe. My point was that we don't go about business like ES on this site, and people are taking advantage of the fair handedness of the staff. The people I speak about have all been in dutch, yet they continue to play the he said she said game. A complaint about the other place was you couldn't find the discussion within all the noise. While I know it will not come to that, I'd really hate to see anybody get canned here. But the noise is getting louder, and more common.

Miles...got it!

Just making a small, wee, tiny point: that other place doesn't cut it (see, I can control the language I use!). don't want to hear about em!!!

it got personal behind the scenes at that place.

understand your theme on tolerance. can't argue that and won't.

anywho...this stuff goes in cycles....and context matters greatly. it reflects our diversity (oooo......there's a term that doesn't find currency in much of my exchanges!). when the frictions at the National level or the Redskins level heat up - people are going to disagree. and the more people involved the more likely the differences erupt. I get the point about moving away from that and laboring toward a community of mutual respect. it's a noble goal. I can see it happening in Sons of...so progress is being made!!!! :)

I used to be HEAVY on Redskins Insider, back in the La Canfora days. Back then there was actually access... Before Wise screwed the pooch there.

I won't go there now to wrap phishing scams (new media joke. Sorry.)

Last edited:
Miles...got it!

Just making a small, wee, tiny point: that other place doesn't cut it (see, I can control the language I use!). don't want to hear about em!!!

it got personal behind the scenes at that and wont

Good points, and one thing I can say for sure, the staff here will always do the right things, the right way.

Yes, this needed it's own thread because it has nothing to do with our new head coach.

Folks, I've had it with all the infighting. I know kids that conduct themselves with far more restraint then a number of the members of this site. Every single day, it's more school yard pissing matches. It's gotten to the point I don't enjoy the site as I had. The staff here bust their butts to make this place the best Skins site on the net, and people continue to spew shit all over the place. My position on the staff is purely for visual effects, but as a staff member, I see every reported post, and it's mind bending. Every time the staff has to address a post, it keeps them from doing stuff to continue the forward progress of the site. They are the most level headed, reasonable group I've had the pleasure to be associated with. When I was on staff at ES, some members here (you know who you are) would have gotten the boot for at least 6 months, if not a year, yet the staff here doesn't want that style, and their fair nature is being pushed pretty hard.

I have not discussed this with the staff, and this post does not in any way speak for the staff. This is all me, the member who's had more then enough. There isn't a member here I don't like individually, but put a few of you in the same thread, and I have no use for any of you. My opinion carries little weight, but I've always spoken my mind since the days of the sporting news forums before ES was started. I don't intend to stop now, and have held my tongue for some time now because I didn't want to cause the real staff undue stress. You guys have pushed me over the top.

If you can't coexist, and behave as somewhat reasonable adults, bite your dam tongue, and shut the **** up.

My most humble apology to my brother staff members for the rant. Feel free to move, close, or delete this thread. I'm not willing to go quietly into the night while others ruin this place for me, and likely others.

Sorry!! I'll try to tone my posts down. Can I just buy everyone a beer and we all get along??

Seriously though, I do appreciate what you're saying MM. We need a touch more civility. Its the easiest thing in the world to type a blast at someone you will probably never meet or know. It takes strength and character to forgo that or not strike back. I only know one person on this site. I've known him since we were kids and he's like a brother to me. I hope that I would treat everyone else on this site just like him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.